mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Best deal on a gravity dropper seat post?

I want one of these, but do not want to fork over
    $250 from the website, where else are they available? and what is the lowest price you guys have seen, and how long ago was it? thnx
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

likes to ride bikes
    http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/ST0476

$198

Froogle is your friend!

Is dang happy!

Try the LBS

If you get in good with them they may make you a deal.

Just visited factory and talked with the owner for over an hour about his trip to eurobike and his invention. Way cool company and they machine everything inhouse!

This is still a nitch product and the factory is small so finding a killer deal is not going to happen.

The quality is top notch and I have absolutly no buyers remorse in fact I am searching frantically for my maxle so I can try it out.
    The fact that you do not see any used ones for sale ever says alot about the product, I know I could have picked up a new set of forks for what I paid for the post but once you get one in your hands you will forget about that and like others on the All Mountain and Turner board who took the plunge wonder why you waited so long.

No, that's not phonetic
    Ok, I have bought like 3 of my 5 Gravity Dropper posts used, so yes, they certainly are out there. Wayne at GD is trying to reign in the discount warehouses from "cheapening" the product by undercutting prices and wants everyone to stick to msrp like Oakley et al do. Good luck.

A super product for sure. But I hate paying retail.

Yes, the Turner Horde are on these things like white on rice.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I have heard great things about their quality, still i hate to drop $250 on it, then on the other hand I would hate to drop $100 on a similar product that was crap...
    So I guess the small company with a high price on quality product leaves little room to complain. The listed price is for the knob version, I need the one with remote, well I want the version, not need... at $246.00 and I guess I would pay shipping, I think I may just order one from the factory @ 250 free shipping, unless my lbs comes in pretty close, he is checking on one now....
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

might be best to order from factory...

I think the factory can sell you one with different options like a 3" drop, 4" drop, or it can also do multiple configurations, like a 1" initial drop, then an additional 3" drop. Plus, unless you live in a state without any sales tax there is that added cost to consider as well at the LBS. They dont really seem to be discounted that very much wherever you look.

A used one just sold on ebay for $170, but there are very few for sale there anyway, so you might have to wait awhile to find a deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gravity-Dropper-...QQcmdZViewItem