mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Best deal on full XT groupset?

Looking for the best deal on a 2x10 XT group including disc brakes. Post up if you know of anyone who has a good sale on them!

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    For a complete group with brakes and rotors, the best deal I have found is $671.91 at Merlin Cycles:

Shimano XT M780 2 x 10 Disc Brake Groupset - Black | Groupsets - MTB | Merlin Cycles

The group is full XT except the rotors which are SLX SM-RT66 6-Bolt 160mm. These can be upgraded to SM-RT86 Ice-Tec for another ~$38.

Shipping is free via UPS.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Merlin cycle. Just have to deal with your front brakes are your right hand and rear is your left.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by framed View Post
    For a complete group with brakes and rotors, the best deal I have found is $671.91 at Merlin Cycles:

Shimano XT M780 2 x 10 Disc Brake Groupset - Black | Groupsets - MTB | Merlin Cycles

The group is full XT except the rotors which are SLX SM-RT66 6-Bolt 160mm. These can be upgraded to SM-RT86 Ice-Tec for another ~$38.

Shipping is free via UPS.
    Awesome, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBukake View Post
    Merlin cycle. Just have to deal with your front brakes are your right hand and rear is your left.
    Why is it swapped? Is there no way to simply run the rear brake tube to the right hand lever? If not, I wonder if there would be a way to order the groupset from Merlin without the brakes and then find a deal on the brakes elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    If you think about it, Merlin is located in the UK. I kinda like it switched, reminds me of my motorcyle days. Just warn your friends before you let them ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    As I look at my bike you could just move the rear tube to the right hand lever.

mtbr member
    This is what I had to do (with my American bought brakes, but I ride British style), if you are careful you don't even need to bleed them after the switch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    This is what I had to do (with my American bought brakes, but I ride British style), if you are careful you don't even need to bleed them after the switch.
    Hey guys, thanks for the tip. Just so I am sure I understand - I only have to move the tube? I won't have to route the tubes in any sort of odd fashion? In other words, visually and functionally it will be the same as the American version simply by swapping the tubes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachua View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the tip. Just so I am sure I understand - I only have to move the tube? I won't have to route the tubes in any sort of odd fashion? In other words, visually and functionally it will be the same as the American version simply by swapping the tubes?
    Yep that is all you have to do, everything else will be the same.

These are my brakes I had to swap:

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Blue Sky had under 600 wo brakes the other dat not sure that sale is still going or not.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    has anyone bought from "bicycle_life" on ebay? The kit is $690 +65 shipping