bigger than you.

Best deal on a fatbike?

where is the best bargain on an inexpensive, yet reliable fatbike?

mtbr member
    +1

The Beargrease makes my heart flutter but it's way out of my league.

B.Ike
    on one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    http://shop.titusti.com/product-p/cboofatx5.htm

On One always produces creative stuff at an amazing price. This link is their Portland-based outlet. Their UK website typically has more detail.

mtbr member
    I think Cycle Haven has all their fatbikes 10% off. This time of the year it will be tough, try to find a leftover that a shop wants to move.
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 Specialized Fatboy Comp
    2014 Trek Fuel EX8
    2015 GT Grade 105

mtbr member
    +1 for Cycle Haven. I can't imagine a better shop for fat bikes. Picked up a used Pugs there a couple of months ago.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I think its better to check for Google results and you will definitely find some thing interesting

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If you're in the US and looking for bang for the buck, can't beat Framed fatbikes On Sale Fat Bikes

OOPs, didn't notice this is a 5 year old thread
    Last edited by rumblytumbly; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:54 AM.

Land of the 230+
    I know this thread is old as hell, and only recently bumped by a brand new user pushing a new company despite their claims they're not associated, and that the OP probably bought a fat bike 5 years ago, but anyway....

I second the Framed suggestion. Great product at great prices. Have a buddy with a carbon fatty and its top nothch. Had another buddy pick up the wheelset, and when he finally popped a freehub (which he does to every brand) they took good care of him right away.

As for the Rumpus, the spec looks decent, especially with the carbon rims, but its essentially untested, and you have no idea if the warranty is worth the paper its printed on. And I tend to trust framed's pub hubs more than novatec or powerway. Always good to have options though.

IMO, if I were to consider buying from an new/untested vensor, I'd also consider pricing out a chinese carbon frame and building it up myself.

mtbr member
    Framed makes a good bike and they stand behind them. As with most price-point bikes, the lower levels do have some compromises that have a higher-than-optimal failure rate, specifically thinking of hubs and cranks. I had a crank failure on the entry-level OEM Truvative crankset within the first week on a Minnesota 2.2, but Frame stepped right up and promptly sent me a GXP/X5 to replace it. I see on their Facebook page that there does tend to be some failures on their Quanta rear hubs, but reports are that Framed addresses the issue promptly.

By all reports...their Montana carbon FS is an excellent bike. I think that bike is one of the best bargains going in the fat bike world.