mtbr member

Best deal for buying US or CAN and shipping to CANADA (for an european)

Hello all,

i'm leaving in Europe.
    One of my friend is at Sherbrooke (QC) CANADA for 2 months.
    I would like to ask him to bring me parts for my bike.

I have some practical question about buying US or CAN :

- first do you advice me to buy on a canadian website ? Or can i consider to buy US ? Where are the best deal ?

- by the way is there taxes when you buy US and that you ship CANADA ? Or is it only regular shipping ?

I'm interested on part which will of course bring me the best rebate like, 36 VAN 180 mm RC2 :

-What are the best and serious US bikepart selling website that you'll advice me ? Or canadian website ?

Thks a lot.
    Last edited by Burak; 07-03-2011 at 01:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Where in Europe? Chainreactioncycles is located in London, and their pretty good.

mtbr member
    I know very well crc i know what price i can get from there, they will never sell a 2012 36 van 180 mm rc2 at 650 like jenson usa. I really need answer to my question.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think youll find a whole lot of info on debates/best ways to get something to Canada, its not far from the US but it seems there can be hits or misses if youll get stuck with a lot of duties or not, and also which resellers will sell to Canada. I also move many bike components from US->Europe for reasons you mentioned.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Burak View Post
    Hello all,

i'm leaving in Europe.
    One of my friend is at Sherbrooke (QC) CANADA for 2 months.
    I would like to ask him to bring me parts for my bike.

I have some practical question about buying US or CAN :

- first do you advice me to buy on a canadian website ? Or can i consider to buy US ? Where are the best deal ?.
    I would suggest :
    Jenson-great shipping policy to Canada
    Cambria- can be slow to ship, make sure you specify USPS to Canada

- by the way is there taxes when you buy US and that you ship CANADA ? Or is it only regular shipping ?.
    There are no duties on bike parts to canada, You will pay GST and quebec prv tax.. With Jenson all this will be included in the final price.

I'm interested on part which will of course bring me the best rebate like, 36 VAN 180 mm RC2 :.

Fox does not allow this to be shipped to canada. They will sell to a Canadian address but it must be shipped to the states

-What are the best and serious US bikepart selling website that you'll advice me ? Or canadian website ?.
    jenson and Cambria are the two I use. I have used Pricepoint and Colorado cyclist in the past. Speedgoat has gone downhill IMHO

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote:
    I'm interested on part which will of course bring me the best rebate like, 36 VAN 180 mm RC2 :.

Fox does not allow this to be shipped to canada. They will sell to a Canadian address but it must be shipped to the states

I would reccomend using Kinek
    http://usshippingaddress.com/package...-derby-line-vt

It is only a 40km drive from Sherbrooke to their closes pick up point. They charge $5 per package and then you can just pay your taxes at the boarder when you go back across. Works well, this is how I get items now that are unreasonably expensive to buy from Canadian online stores or LBS.