Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Best deal on Arch EX 29 or Flow EX 29 wheelset?

Looking for the best deal on a new wheelset, I'm open to like options as well. Thanks.

mtbr member

Check with Bikerbob.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If Crests are an option, they can be had with Hope Evo II at Wiggle for $350-$420 or so depending on current coupon codes. I could have sworn I saw similar deals with the UK sites for the regular Flows too.

mtbr member

What's you weight, Hack?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How about the $489 deal posted a couple weeks ago:

Stans No Tube ZTR/ARCH EX WHEELSET 29er INSTOCK!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    What's you weight, Hack?
    165 geared up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    If Crests are an option, they can be had with Hope Evo II at Wiggle for $350-$420 or so depending on current coupon codes. I could have sworn I saw similar deals with the UK sites for the regular Flows too.
    Are the Hope's considered better then ZTR? How do they compare in weight?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Are the Hope's considered better then ZTR? How do they compare in weight?
    As far as weight, they're close enough to me:

ZTR Hub Info
    Front: 162 grams
    Rear: 252 grams
    Engagement: 32t

Pro 2 Evo Hubs - Pro 2 Evo Hubs Product Details
    Weight: Front 185g (QR) Rear 285g (QR)
    Ratchet type: 4 pawl (24t engagement)

At 165lbs, Crests would definitely work for you but I guess that depends on the type of riding. I'm 145-150 on Crests/Hope Pro 2 EVo SS for my Jabber (XC type riding), but if I end up doing an All Mtn build, I'm thinking of going with Arch EX or Flow EX. The Flow EX seems overkill for my size, but with an All Mtn build, I won't care too much about weight. I went from Crest/ZTR 3.30 to Crest/Hope (both geared and SS rear hubs). Both are great lightweight combos. I switched to the Hopes for the SS specific bolt on hub, which has 48 POE and its reputation in the BMX trials world. The geared Hope Evo is 24t. I definitely noticed a difference with the SS version over the geared version, but I didn't notice a difference between the geared Hope 2 and the ZTR 3.30. Both Hopes are louder than the ZTR, with the Hope SS being loudest. I like my hubs loud, but that's obviously preference. The Crests at my weight have been great, but I don't normally do big jumps, drops or crazy chunky stuff with my Jabber. I'll reserve that for my next build.

Regarding pricing...I bought my wheelsets before the Stan's EX models came out. My Crest/Hope Evo SS combo was custom built. my Crest/ZTR set was a factory wheelset for $400, and my Crest/Hope Evo geared set was from Wiggle for around $360 shipped when they had a 20% off code for wheelsets.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either hubs. Great hubs for the money. Now, if I can ever save enough, I'd love to try Chris Kings.

Here's more opinions:
    Stan's ZTR 3.30 hubs vs. Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs

mtbr member

I would be all over a $360 set of Archs. Everywhere I look they are $500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Wow, thanks for the great info. I may give the Crests a try as I have a heavier eyeleted DT Swiss set on another bike setup for abuse. These are going on a cheapo KM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I looked back at my order history, and after discount it was actually $374. That was with a discount too. I noticed their "regular" prices are less now, so without discount, it's $397, so not really not that big a difference. I'd have no problem buying at $397. I think around the holiday season, I remember there was a code bringing them down to the $350 range.

mtbr member

I looked back at my order history, and after discount it was actually $374. That was with a discount too. I noticed their "regular" prices are less now, so without discount, it's $397, so not really not that big a difference. I'd have no problem buying at $397. I think around the holiday season, I remember there was a code bringing them down to the $350 range.
    Thanks for the info.

Is Wiggles the best place to watch for deals?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

The Hope hubs are nearly as expensive as the built up wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Do the Archs from Wiggle come with end caps, tape and sealant?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I just grabbed a set for 389 with a so-so "voucher". The hubs alone are nearly as much - so even if I blow up the rims, I'll be golden. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Good point, I don't remember the valves, tape and sealant, being included, so verify with them on that. I think 20mm end caps and extra spokes were included.

mtbr member

Where'd you wind up buying from?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Where'd you wind up buying from?
    Wiggle, UK. One thing I really like about the Hope rear hub is that you can do a bolt on conversion, which I might try for a single speed.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Wiggle, UK. One thing I really like about the Hope rear hub is that you can do a bolt on conversion, which I might try for a single speed.
    I've tried Halo Hex Skewers on a rear hub with QR caps in a track end dropout that worked great. At $10-$15, it's cheaper alternative to a bolt on conversion I'm guessing, but there was a recent thread in which someone reported noticeably increased stiffness when they switched to bolt-ons. I have bolt-ons now, but can't say I've noticed that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I've tried Halo Hex Skewers on a rear hub with QR caps in a track end dropout that worked great. At $10-$15, it's cheaper alternative to a bolt on conversion I'm guessing, but there was a recent thread in which someone reported noticeably increased stiffness when they switched to bolt-ons. I have bolt-ons now, but can't say I've noticed that.
    I'm also using the Halo Hex with great results on my Monkey with a single drive side tuggnut - but I like options for the future. You can get the Halo Hex pretty tight and they're cheap. I actually broke the well costly and well regarded DT RMS at the same force that the Halo handles just fine.

BTW, Stan's will build this same wheelset with these same hubs for like $700-800.

mtbr member

I tried some vouchers and none of them worked.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post
    I tried some vouchers and none of them worked.

The one I found only took off $8 anyway - but I figured $389 was good enough for me. I need to off load my 2,300 gram wheels.

mtbr member

What am I missing? The arches show $500 at wiggles. How are you getting them for $389?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I'm taking my chances with some Crests 29ers laced to Hope hubs - we'll see if I bend them! They don't seem to have a similar Arch or Flow setup now.

mtbr member

I'm taking my chances with some Crests 29ers laced to Hope hubs - we'll see if I bend them! They don't seem to have a similar Arch or Flow setup now.
    Great deal if they work out for you. I am 230 geared up. I would be scared of destroying them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post
    Great deal if they work out for you. I am 230 geared up. I would be scared of destroying them.

I only weigh 165, so I think they'll work. My other bike has a more "all mountain" DT Swiss set for taking hits.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    How does the VAT work when you buy from Wiggle? Do you have to file the tax yourself
    ?

And does anyone have a current promo code?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

No VAT was charged. In theory you should pay the sales tax when you file your state return next year, if you're happy with giving your state some more funds. I leave that to you and your accountant - but I know what I'll do.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    $338 with 15% off using "15EXTRA"...if only I was in the market. This is for the 29er Crest/Hope set at Wiggle.
    Last edited by goldenaustin; 02-12-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: adding wheelset and site

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    $338 with 15% off using "15EXTRA"...if only I was in the market.

Where are they at that price?

Thanks,
    Todd

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPnTX View Post

Thanks,
    Todd
    Wiggle.com Picked up a pair last night. $355 with a 20mm front hub conversion. Free shipping. I was on the fence regarding the Crest rims, but at that price I couldn't resist. About the same as the retail price for the hubs alone. Figure if the Crest's aren't burly enough, I can just have the wheels rebuilt on some Arch's and still come out money ahead.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPnTX View Post

Thanks,
    Todd
    oh, yeah, sorry, they were for the Crest/Hope Evo 29ers, that SSHack (OP) ended up getting. It would be an even crazier deal if it were for the EX models on Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    Wiggle.com Picked up a pair last night. $355 with a 20mm front hub conversion. Free shipping. I was on the fence regarding the Crest rims, but at that price I couldn't resist. About the same as the retail price for the hubs alone. Figure if the Crest's aren't burly enough, I can just have the wheels rebuilt on some Arch's and still come out money ahead.
    Hmm...I thought about doing the same last night since its so tempting, but had to sleep on it. I'm 145-150lbs geared and was looking at something more sturdy for "all mtn" type riding. Is that what you were planning to do with the Crest set, and then rebuild them if needed?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Guess that answered my question...out of stock now. Burlier set it is. hehe.

mtbr member
    Cheaper in the long run and less hassle to just get the proper rim for your riding style/weight to start with. Crest won't have much longevity for your average rider on average terrain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus044 View Post
    Cheaper in the long run and less hassle to just get the proper rim for your riding style/weight to start with. Crest won't have much longevity for your average rider on average terrain.
    What's the "average rider" on "average terrain", anyway?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks, that's what I was struggling with. I'd hate to deal with that hassle of an un-rideable wheel at the beginning of a ride, even if it means spending more up front.

mtbr member
    160-180 lbs riding on a trail with an occasional square edged rock. I prefer my wheels with a little built in insurance strength and crests are just too feathery for my personal piece of mind.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It's a dollars and cents thing for me. The cheapest I've been able to find a Hope/Arch with a 20mm front is around $550. At price of less than $350 it's a chance I'm willing to take. I'll certainly have my local shop check them over and make sure the build quality is good. If I end up not liking them, at worse I'd be able to sell them and get most of my money back or save them as a spare. Again at that price it's hard to go wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    160-180 lbs riding on a trail with an occasional square edged rock. I prefer my wheels with a little built in insurance strength and crests are just too feathery for my personal piece of mind.
    Even riding what I think is considered "XC" in my area, on occasion I've had exactly those types of hits, where at my "sub-average" weight I've managed to bottom out my 2.4 Racing Ralphs at 20psi, and feel the jarring clunk of the Crest rim itself. I'm on a steel rigid fork though. As far as I can tell, the rims are still good as new, but always makes me nervous when that happens, and even more so if I rode in even rougher stuff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks, that's what I was struggling with. I'd hate to deal with that hassle of an un-rideable wheel at the beginning of a ride, even if it means spending more up front.
    While the Crest aren't meant as a burly trail rim, they aren't made of paper. Plenty of people riding and racing aggressively on this rim without issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Well, I guess I find out soon if they hold up. I've got a more all mountain wheelset too, so I'll be somewhat careful with the Crests. I ride rigid, but try to ride "lightly".

mtbr member
    May 2011
    While the Crest aren't meant as a burly trail rim, they aren't made of paper. Plenty of people riding and racing aggressively on this rim without issues.
    Oh, I actually ride 90% on my rigid Jabber that has a custom Crest/Hope Evo SS wheelset and love it! The context of that post was in terms of a burly Honzo or Nimble 9 build that I was planning/hoping in the near future. Had Wiggle not sell out of the Crest set, I probably would've just taken the gamble.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The Stans No Tubes ZTR Arch wheelset is pretty cheap from Wiggle also. I typed in the code and after the 15% off I think they were about $430. Thats a good deal, but they are the Arch minus the EX which is what I would really want.

I picked up a set of Fulcrum Red Power XL 29 wheels with 15mm on ebay for cheap so I am settling on that for now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Just picked up a 26" ZTR Arch EX wheelset for $489 with free shipping from Pro Mountain Outfitters. I was able to add new XT Ice-Tech rotors and pads F/R as well and still come out at roughly the same price as the wheelset only from Stan's website with shipping!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This doesn't help much right now since they're currently out of stock, but Outside Outfitters has the Arch EX 29er on sale for $435 and Flow EX 29er for $449. Suppose a call tomorrow won't hurt.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    This doesn't help much right now since they're currently out of stock, but Outside Outfitters has the Arch EX 29er on sale for $435 and Flow EX 29er for $449. Suppose a call tomorrow won't hurt.
    They get their next shipment on Thursday, so it could help quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Great deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Great deal.
    Yeah it is. If the standard Stan's hub had a 20mm conversion I'd be all over it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Found an even better deal...$431 (15EXTRA code)at Wiggle. They list it as standard Arch and Flow, and in the Q&A tab, they confirmed they're the EX models. I posted the question on the Stans Flow wheelset page, and they just replied confirming it's the Flow EX rim. Now what to do...Flow EX with 3.30HD hubs, or Arch EX with standard 3.30 hubs. Hmm...

Yeah it is. If the standard Stan's hub had a 20mm conversion I'd be all over it.
    Is the Flow EX too burly for you? The 3.30 HD hub has 20mm caps available.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Found an even better deal...$431 (15EXTRA code)at Wiggle. They list it as standard Arch and Flow, and in the Q&A tab, they confirmed they're the EX models. I posted the question on the Stans Flow wheelset page, and they just replied confirming it's the Flow EX rim. Now what to do...Flow EX with 3.30HD hubs, or Arch EX with standard 3.30 hubs. Hmm...

Is the Flow EX too burly for you? The 3.30 HD hub has 20mm caps available.
    The Flow is overkill for me. At 165lbs, I ride fairly aggressively, but it's XC aggressive not freeride aggressive. Most of my local rides have more than 3000 feet of climbing, so something reasonably light weight is a priority. If I was building up a 6"+ travel trail bike, the Flow would be top of my list.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I just received the Wiggle Hope/Crests and they appear to be very well built. They weigh 1690 with Hope tape (non tubeless). I got them in less than a week and no tax or duties; Wiggle appears to rock!

mtbr member
    I am getting 416 for arches at bikebling today with free shipping. Cheapest I have seen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jjmtb1 View Post
    I am getting 416 for arches at bikebling today with free shipping. Cheapest I have seen.
    Nice, which rims? These Stan's are a tight fit! I just brought 2 blue park tire levers, I guess I need something better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Whats the difference between the EVO2 SP and the regular EVO2?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mainlane View Post
    Whats the difference between the EVO2 SP and the regular EVO2?
    SP=Straight pull spokes. The straight-pull design is supposed to make for an even stronger wheel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ordered the wheels on Monday night and the post office tried to deliver them this morning. (I wasn't home.) Impressively quick shipping from the UK to northern Utah. I'll pick them up in a couple of days and post my impressions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    check ebay
    These guys legit? Rbike.com aka Richards bikes. Good ebay feedback, look like good prices
    New Custom Stans ZTR Arch EX 29er Disc Mountain Bike Wheelset SRAM x9 x 9 Hubs | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss hack View Post
    nice, which rims? These stan's are a tight fit! I just brought 2 blue park tire levers, i guess i need something better.
    ex's

B.Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by wgerow View Post
    These guys legit? Rbike.com aka Richards bikes. Good ebay feedback, look like good prices
    New Custom Stans ZTR Arch EX 29er Disc Mountain Bike Wheelset SRAM x9 x 9 Hubs | eBay
    I don't think those are custom.. Handspun put out those wheels. The price is close to msrp. You can research x9 hubs, its the reason they seem cheap.
    That being said its probably a good wheelset if you don't mind 12 points of engagement on the rear hub.
    I have no info on the seller.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElwoodT View Post
    I don't think those are custom.. Handspun put out those wheels. The price is close to msrp. You can research x9 hubs, its the reason they seem cheap.
    That being said its probably a good wheelset if you don't mind 12 points of engagement on the rear hub.
    Plus at $349 and $40 for shipping brings you to $389. You can get the Arch EX's from BIkebling for $23 more shipped ($413) and get the zrt hubs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ElwoodT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmtb1 View Post
    Plus at $349 and $40 for shipping brings you to $389. You can get the Arch EX's from BIkebling for $23 more shipped ($413) and get the zrt hubs.
    Can get them with xt hubs for $349 but folks don't seem to be large fans and they are considerably heavier than the ZTR setup. Looks like bikebling with coupon is best deal going?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I had my first ride on the Wiggle Crest/Hope combo and these wheels seem fairly solid but are lightly built, I was grunting up the first hill and heard the rear spokes "complain" a few times. The hubs are pretty loud for sure, but the engagement is fast and they seem pretty nice. So far I only setup the rear tubeless (tubeless noob, here) and it was fairly easy other than the fact that the Kenda SB8 was hard to mount and I broke a couple blue Park levers. The tire aired right up with a floor pump and held air surprisingly well with zero sealant, I added 60 mil and it held air overnight and seems great. I guess tubeless is for real; I should've converted earilier! The wheels did come with a few extra spokes as well as 15mm convertion plugs for the front which was a nice touch.

mtbr member
    Glad you're on the trails with 'em! I think it's normal to get a bit of noise out of your wheels when they're new. Hell, every time I have mine trued they make a bit of noise initially.

You're about my weight, and can probably get away with running really low pressures running tubeless, depending on how you ride. I've been as low as 16F/18R without hitting my rim. The grip is ridiculous, and you'd be dumb to run that low with tubes. I've been running tubeless for about a year and a half now and have only ever had one flat. I tore the sidewall of a Racing Ralph (which was on it's last leg anyway) and the Stan's didn't seal it completely. I had a tube in my pack and 5 minutes later, I was able to continue on as planned.

Any idea what kind of spokes they used in the build?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Glad you're on the trails with 'em! I think it's normal to get a bit of noise out of your wheels when they're new. Hell, every time I have mine trued they make a bit of noise initially.

You're about my weight, and can probably get away with running really low pressures running tubeless, depending on how you ride. I've been as low as 16F/18R without hitting my rim. The grip is ridiculous, and you'd be dumb to run that low with tubes. I've been running tubeless for about a year and a half now and have only ever had one flat. I tore the sidewall of a Racing Ralph (which was on it's last leg anyway) and the Stan's didn't seal it completely. I had a tube in my pack and 5 minutes later, I was able to continue on as planned.

Any idea what kind of spokes they used in the build?
    The spokes are either Sapim Sprint or Race according to the website.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    I just bought a Hope Hoops Flow EX 29/Hope Pro2 EVO rear wheel today at Chain Reaction for $260.86 shipped to the USA. I don't remember if they had the matching front wheel or not. Hope Hoops front wheels come with two types of adaptors included also. There is a USD15 code that gives you $15 off there if you spend $149 or more, not sure when that code ends.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you are having trouble mounting UST tires give the Topeak Shuttle Tire Levers a try: Topeak Shuttle Tyre Levers 1.2 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

mtbr member
    I just order The crest/ Hope pro II straight pull rear wheel. I post a ride report once I get it on my Jabberwocky.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    I just bought a Hope Hoops Flow EX 29/Hope Pro2 EVO rear wheel today at Chain Reaction for $260.86 shipped to the USA. I don't remember if they had the matching front wheel or not. Hope Hoops front wheels come with two types of adaptors included also. There is a USD15 code that gives you $15 off there if you spend $149 or more, not sure when that code ends.

Fair warning that wheel you linked isn't a 29 wheel. Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo on Stans Flow Rear 29er | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com is the 29/flow

mtbr member
    Fair warning that wheel you linked isn't a 29 wheel. Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo on Stans Flow Rear 29er | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com is the 29/flow
    Thanks for posting this, I always bought my Hope Hoops combos from wiggle and they never stock this combo, with the Flow 29er rim. I always thought it was never offered by Hope UK. Now that I know this, it's great news for future wheel purchases.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Pretty equal
    Aren't the ZTR hubs made by Sun-Ringle? I'm now on Sun-Ringle Charger Experts 29er wheelset and I've really noticed not much difference from my previous Hope Pro 2/Mavic EX721 combo. Both even sound similar (quite loud and I love my hubs that way). But if I was buying and prices were similar I would buy in this order: Hope > Sun-Ringle > ZTR

Hope number one because getting replacement parts for them in super easy, most places like CRC stocks everything you need like bearings or axle conversions, and while Sun-Ringle parts are available, tracking them down is a different thing online, although their service department has been stellar in my experience. My LBS ordered a freehub body from them and when I inquired about spoke lengths for my wheelset, they shipped me 10 replacement spokes free of charge.

But I can't complain, I'm loving my Chargers that I bought new for under $300 last winter, definitely a stout wheelset. I was worried I would be losing out by not going with Hope. I looked at Hope/Flow 29er too, but the cheapest I found at the time was $470.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Pretty equal
    After a couple rides on the Hope's, I know one thing for sure - they're loud!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    After a couple rides on the Hope's, I know one thing for sure - they're loud!
    Haha, now is that a good or a bad thing? Hard to believe, but the SS version is even louder.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    That is correct sir. I saw your post a couple of days ago but the wheel had already shipped. The Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo SP/Flow EX 29 wheel with the straight pull spokes hub was out of stock so I thought this was the same except without the straight pull hub but it is indeed a 26 inch wheel. I guess my Ventana Pantera 26" bike gets a nice sturdy rear wheel earlier than expected.

It arrived today and it's pretty cool looking. The rim width is perfect for what I need and it looks pretty bullet-proof with the 14G spokes and brass nipples, It's straight and appears well built but I haven't ridden it yet. Weight is 1035 grams with Hope rim tape and no skewer, so not XC racer light but should be a trouble fee wheel that can take some abuse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    So it looks like Wiggle only offers one 29" option, or am I reading the pull down menu wrong?
    *2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom Build*
    *2017 Knolly Warden Custom Build*
    *2014 Knolly Endorphin Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kevinboyer View Post
    So it looks like Wiggle only offers one 29" option, or am I reading the pull down menu wrong?
    Correct.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Correct.
    Anyone know where any good deals are on a set of Stan's Flow EX 29" or maybe Arch EX 29"?
    *2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom Build*
    *2017 Knolly Warden Custom Build*
    *2014 Knolly Endorphin Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Where can you buy hope 2 wheel with xx1 hub?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Crest are back down to about $344 with 10 percent voucher right now and they're ready for dispatch.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Crest are back down to about $344 with 10 percent voucher right now and they're ready for dispatch.
    Where? Linky?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinboyer View Post
    Anyone know where any good deals are on a set of Stan's Flow EX 29" or maybe Arch EX 29"?
    For the standard hope hoops, including Flow EX on Hope Pro 11 Evos, it's hard to go past Winstanleys.

Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes| Winstanleys Cycles

The listed prices include VAT, so if (like me) you're outside the EU they'll take the 20% VAT off at checkout.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Where? Linky?
    Sorry, Wiggle UK.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Sorry, Wiggle UK.
    These are the only crests I see
    Wiggle | Stans No Tubes ZTR Crest 29er MTB Wheelset | Performance Wheels

Not the price you quote. Am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

http://www.wiggle.com/hope-hoops-pro...tb-rear-wheel/

http://www.wiggle.com/hope-hoops-pro...b-front-wheel/

Voucher code is "10-EXTRA".

They also have SP versions for a couple bucks more - someone wiser than me will know if they're better or not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    wiggle.com | Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Rear Wheel | MTB Wheels

wiggle.com | Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Front Wheel | MTB Wheels

Voucher code is "10-EXTRA".

They also have SP versions for a couple bucks more - someone wiser than me will know if they're better or not.
    Thanks for the 411 and info.....
    How are yours working out for you?

I am tempted, but have been kinda set on the Arch EX. I need to drop some wheel weight. Sounds like great hubs, great price.
    I weigh in at 175. XC riding. East Coast, roots, rock sections, stonewall crossing, but not hammering down 2 miles of creek bed filled with baby heads. Also riding full squish. Thoughts?

Anyone know how much strength/durability the straigh pull spokes add?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    FYI 15-EXTRA is also working bringing these down to $325 @ wiggle. Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo with Crest rims

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Wiggle also has Stan's factory sets for somewhere around $460 and the coupon brings them under $400.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Wiggle also has Stan's factory sets for somewhere around $460 and the coupon brings them under $400.
    Nice.....I see that. Thanks.
    Did your Crests from wiggle come with tape and valve for tubless?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Nice.....I see that. Thanks.
    Did your Crests from wiggle come with tape and valve for tubless?
    They had green "rim tape" for tubes, so I needed to remove and install the yellow tape and valves.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    They had green "rim tape" for tubes, so I needed to remove and install the yellow tape and valves.
    Did the set come with yellow tape and valve or did you buy it separate?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    FYI 15-EXTRA is also working bringing these down to $325 @ wiggle. Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo with Crest rims
    Thanks, missed it last time

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Did the set come with yellow tape and valve or did you buy it separate?
    Thanks
    I bought separately afterward, since I wasn't sure what they'd come with.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Can you imagine if they offered this deal with Arch EX and Flow EX 29? Last I checked Crest rims alone aren't going for that much less than Arch or Flows, so why not expand the factory built offerings just a little, hehe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Can you imagine if they offered this deal with Arch EX and Flow EX 29? Last I checked Crest rims alone aren't going for that much less than Arch or Flows, so why not expand the factory built offerings just a little, hehe.
    Hope builds them, Wiggle doesn't stock.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yep, CRC shows the Hope Flow 29er combo, but doesn't have them in stock. It says 3/11 availability. Couple that with $15 off per wheel if that code or similar is working at that time, then that can turn out to be a pretty decent option

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Trigger pulled. Hope pro2 crests
    Can't wait

mtbr member
    Yup, it's a shame really. No idea why they don't stock 'em.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Thanks for the links, guys. The deal at Wiggle looks solid. $325 for a set of Crests with Hope Pro2 EVO. Fantastic!

One question: I don't see where you can select a color. Are these all the black version or can you specify one of Hope's colors?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    Thanks for the links, guys. The deal at Wiggle looks solid. $325 for a set of Crests with Hope Pro2 EVO. Fantastic!

One question: I don't see where you can select a color. Are these all the black version or can you specify one of Hope's colors?
    Sure are picky for only paying $325.

All Hopes Hoops are black hubs, spokes, and silver nipples.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Sure are picky for only paying $325.
    Yeah, I thought of that as soon as I posted it. For less than half off what they cost on the Stan's site, I'd run them in pink.

I just placed my order. Incredible deal. I was deciding among Stan's ZTRs, Mavic Crossmax STs, and Easton EA 70 XC. All were over $550. It's a no brainer at this price and the hubs are better than the other two choices.

Thanks again all!
    Last edited by KevinGT; 03-02-2013 at 09:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Was originally going to keep an eye out for a used wheelset for an AM 26 build for budget sake...

Ended up with Hope Pro2 Flows Front/Rear, Rear 10mm Bolt-in Kit, and Minion DHF's 42A/60A for $407 shipped to USA with "15-EXTRA" from Wiggles.

Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2