mtbr member
    May 2005

The best deal on 2010 AC MTB 26 disc??

I'm looking for a 2010 American classic MTB 26 disc wheel set.

I can't weld
    Damn son. You might ask for something easier, like free health care, or racial equality.

Best I can find is Cambria Bike for $700. (edit: Oops, those are the plain black rims. I don't see any on the web for less than $750).

There's just not many deals out there for wheelsets that were recently redesigned and haven't been out long enough to hit the resale market.

For a good deal, I always point towards OEM takeoffs. My favorite wheelset, and what I'm running this year, are OEM spec wheels from Specialized with DT spokes, nipples, 420SL rims and the DT rear hub with 240 internals. I got mine, brand new, from Ebay for $155 plus shipping this winter. Weight is only 80g heavier than the AC's (1630g). Here's what to look for Ebay auction

$200 for that lightly used wheelset is a bit high, but still a good deal with the large diameter RWS skewers. You can do better, but that is what to look for. You want the Stout-branded front hub and a rear hub that is clearly marked as DT Swiss. There are a lot of similar wheelsets with Shimano Deore or XT hubs which are much heavier and may not have the 9&10mm RWS skewers.

If you are looking for the cool white graphics, well, uh, how good are you with spray paint?
    Seriously, white is hot, so it raises the price. Check out this auction for a pair of super light Rovals
    Ebay auction

Good luck
    Last edited by Indiefab; 05-06-2010 at 08:00 PM.

I can't weld
    And a lot of guys around here like BWW

I can't weld
    Have you seen these? http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sal.../AMC0002M.html

Chainlove.com had them up for 30min a few days ago for $399.