lives to ride
    Feb 2005

Bargain hardtail frame

Hey all,

I'm looking for hardtail frame - around an average 19" frame. Must be from an online store that can ship to Australia. Steel would be nice but I'm interested in anything at the moment.

What stores should I be looking at?

Jenson don't have the Zions in the right size - Nashbar sell frames that would be worthwhile from time to time but they don't ship to Aus.. Pricepoint and Blue Sky Cycling won't ship to Aus. Where else can I try?

Thanks

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Adrenalinebikes.com says they ship to AUS, although they charge $420 for FEDEX!! They indicate they can go cheaper if you're willing to suffer a 2-3 month wait. Can't vouch for the selection or service; I only looked because they had a Marin AM hardtail for $99, but it's not your size. Good luck,
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jasevr4
    Hey all,

I'm looking for hardtail frame - around an average 19" frame. Must be from an online store that can ship to Australia. Steel would be nice but I'm interested in anything at the moment.

What stores should I be looking at?

Jenson don't have the Zions in the right size - Nashbar sell frames that would be worthwhile from time to time but they don't ship to Aus.. Pricepoint and Blue Sky Cycling won't ship to Aus. Where else can I try?

Thanks
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Ebay from one of the hongkong or singapore dealers...
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Jamis Dragon steel frame for $200. I am not sure if they will ship internationally though!
    http://www.smartcycles.com/online_shoppe.htm

mtbr member
    price point has their Sette hardtail on sale for $99.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/177...rame-Black.htm
    not sure about shipping

100% recycled
    Chainreaction has free shipping for orders over ~$500USD. For wheelsets, an extra shipping charge is $50, and I would assume something similar for a frame ($50 is awesome for frame shipping). German sites like bike24 and starbike also have good bulk shipping rates, but not as many frames. Jenson has differing frame shipping prices (I got a surly for $46USD in shipping) but mostly it is around $151USD.

Stick with chainreaction- they also have a massive range.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Oh for the days of $10-$40 frames...

anyone else smell that?
    my wife rides one of those nashbar $40 frames and loves it to death. looks like they stopped selling them.

mtbr member

Leader?

Look into the Leader brand of frames, available online through different companies, check out the reviews on this site. They are not steel but may give you another option.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Pedal Force MT carbon hardtail group buy $525 US.

The 3rd Pedal Force group buy has less than 2 weeks left. If 30 or more buyers joins, the price is only $525 US! They will ship anywhere in the world, and the frame is very nice and light.