mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Bad Experience with Warrenty What should I do.

I purchased a Marzocchi MX pro from JensonUSA on May the 2nd, packaging arrived unharmed. I put the fork on my bike and riding it wouldn't hold any air pressure at all, I guess a faulty seal, something I could hardly test before installing it. Anyhow I called up JensonUSA, they said it could be repaired under warrenty because it was altered (cut for bike). I thought well that is fair as long as it works I mailed it back on my dime, marking the package as asked. According to Fed Ex it arrived at Jenson on May 11th.

Here is where the story turns, today is June 4th a full three weeks after it arrived at JensonUSA, I called to ask what is happening. The first rep started to try and feed me the line that they didn't recieve it. I told him they did because I used FedEx and have the tracking info, somone signed RCUEVAS on May 11th at 10:18 am. After a few more minutes of mumbling he says "Oh yes here it is yes we have ahd it since the 11th" JensonUSA and had yet to ship it to Marzocchi, said he was sorry. I told him a three week delay sitting in a warehouse I expected more than an "I'm Sorry". He offered expitdited shipping, which was pointless because it was already arranged through the return that it would ship out the same way the original was. I asked to transfer to a suprovisor and left two messages - 5 hours later no call back

So here are my questions:

• Is this kind of horrible costomer service normal for JensonUSA?? do they often have warrenty repair sit for close to a month at there warehouse?

Did the first rep lie to me about not recieving it then when I offered prove he suddenly discover it on his computer?

Do you think the supervisor is avoiding me and letting my call go through to voice mail

Finally I don't think it unreasonable that they send out a new fork replacement fed ex next day today for all the trouble they have put me through

banned
    Jenson is known for decent CS, BUT when there's a mess up or more complicated service issues, they don't really know what to do, so you have to stay on top of them from beginning to end.

At the least, they are helping out. Most people who are getting the defective out of the box Zokes end up having to send the fork off to Zoke on their own dime to be repaired, an issue which should really be taken up with the BBB in Zoke's home city. Zoke is on this board, so they are well aware of the issues.

In any event, stay on top of Jenson. I have had a recent experience where UPS ****ed up, but Jenson called them and complained to the home office and the package was delivered after UPS lied on the tracking info. The supervisor ended up bringing the package to us personally. I can give Jenson big points on that and they told me what to say and what not to say because UPS was breaking balls.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I must admit the second guy I talked to offered to send me out a brand new shock, but they didn't have any in stock he offered a rock Shock

How does

Rock Shox Tora 302 Coil U-Turn Fork '07

Compare to Marzochi MX Pro ETA 100/ 120 '06

Similar prices, I am wondering if I should accept the exchange if Marzocci is that un reliable.

Members who have read this thread: 0