mtbr member
    Sep 2006

bad cambria experience

just wanted to vent a little bit about the experience i had with cambria recently. i was trying to utilize price smash option, but to no avail. understandably i read the terms, and realize they cant' price smash everything but jesus. colorado cyclist has a few intense frames on sale, the 6.6 for 1499. last thursday i priced matched a 6.6 at cambria to the one at cc. cc is closing out the intense frames, but i thought what the hell. expecting to hear something soon, i instead heard nothing. no update on order status, emails going unanswered, etc. finally today i call to see what is going on, hoping ot have a frame by this weekend. "oh, we declined that price match, cc is no longer a competitor, blah blah". thats fine, but update me god damnit as i'm obiviously trying to purchase a frame. today, cc has the vp free, pc with a 5th element for 1299. cc is not closing out their SC frames, so i thought there is no reason why cambria shouldn't price match this. it came out to be about a 300 dollar savings. again no kind of confirmation of any kind. call again to find out its declined but this time, they can't even tell me why, just that they won't process it. so pretty much the price smash option is ********. they claim is instant and just amazing, but it just sucks ass. whats the point of doing it instantaneously only to find out a week later that they declined it, and don't care to update you on. i've had ok experiences with cambria in the past, but this is just above and beyond poor customer service. if you're going to decline every price smash, don't ****ing offer it as an option. sorry for length.

Grass fed or Grain?
    Had a bad experience with them as well. Ordered a bunch of stuff from them all at once. The next day i got an email saying that one item was backordered at that it would take about a week. They held my order till then. A week later, i call them to follow up. I called them because no reponse to my emails (spam blocker/filter off). I talked to one guy, he said someone messed up and that he would see whats going on. After holding for ten minutes, he tells me he'll call me back. He didn't. Due to work, i couldn't call them the next day, although i tried emailing-no response. Two days later, i call them while at work, they say that the order should be in next week and they would email me shipping information. So ten more days pass, have not heard from them so i call. They said they received the part, but not in the color i ordered....
    Nice...
    Took them three + weeks to get my order. If they would have expidited the shipping or something like that, i would probably order from them in the future, but shipping took about 5 days total....So almost a month for some cheap parts...