Thread: backorder'd!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

backorder'd!

Hey I got my $170 tora 302 fork from blueskycycling.com put on backorder, anyone had to wait on them before? How long did it take them? If it's gonna be a while, I'll just pricematch somewhere else. thanks.

bi-winning
    In my experience it took a long time. That does not mean you will have the same result, but i waited for over 3 weeks. If time is a factor for you, you should probably cancel your order.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2006
    They held my whole order for a backordered tube of grease that I added as an afterthought one time. I called and told them to send everything else (which they had charged me for) and cancel the grease. It took a couple weeks and it was stuff I needed.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I placed an order once when their website said it was in stock. I found out later it was back-ordered and it arrived about three and a half weeks later. I didn't really mind because the price was good and I ordered it in the winter when I wasn't riding. If it was warmer, I would've canceled it and got it somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    hey i just noticed this thread and may have some good news. I saw this fork on blue sky and took a chance with jenson's pricematch. I proceeded to price match the 302 with poploc and they approved it!!!!!!. So i got the 302 with poploc for $169.98 shipped - a killer deal if you ask me. it will go great on my new monocog.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    haha I just did the same thing a few hours ago. tora 302 w/ FSA headset w/ overnight shipping to the east coast(tired of waiting) all for $215!

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    haha I just did the same thing a few hours ago. tora 302 w/ FSA headset w/ overnight shipping to the east coast(tired of waiting) all for $215!
    wow, that is a deal and a half.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    When it comes to keeping their instock up to date BlueSky sucks nuts. I quit ordering from them because you never know if it will take a week or a month to get your order. I use Jenson or Pricepoint and have them price match AE Bikes or Blue Sky.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailVictim
    When it comes to keeping their instock up to date BlueSky sucks nuts. I quit ordering from them because you never know if it will take a week or a month to get your order. I use Jenson or Pricepoint and have them price match AE Bikes or Blue Sky.
    I have not even heard of AE bikes before. They seem to have a pretty good selection and a few deals if you look.

Is there a reason why you don't order from them, or is it simply because you prefer pricepoint/Jenson?

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I have not even heard of AE bikes before. They seem to have a pretty good selection and a few deals if you look.

Is there a reason why you don't order from them, or is it simply because you prefer pricepoint/Jenson?

I'm just used to dealing with Jenson and Pricepoint. I've ordered from AE before without any issues. Good prices.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nashbar is good too. I've never had problems with them, and they almost always ship by the next day (or the same day if you order early enough).