Trail Ninja

Backcountry semi-annual clearance sale

Backcountry's semi-annual sales usually have a few hot deals.

I just bought a pair of grey Royal matrix Shorts for $36. Full size run. Inseam comes to the knee AND it includes a removable liner, which at this quality makes this a killer deal. I tried one on at JensonUSA and laughed at the overkill closure, 2 snap buttons and one of those fancy metal hook-n-loop thingees; I will admit that I've popped some older shorts open when I crouched and tucked forward, which only had single buttons, and won't settle with any MTB shorts with just 1 any more. The blue is sort of like a Royal Blue and looked like a good match with my Cyan Blue 661 Kyle Strait knee pads, and the inside blue of my 5.10 Karvers.

I also got a set of Maloja WernerM shorts, the last grey one in Small, for $38. Not really expecting too much; just wondering why they're so expensive. Went with the WernerM mainly since it was the only one with double buttons and in small, that was in a color that went well with my other gear. Who knows, they might surprise me as much as Jett shorts surprised me, except maybe their small sized shorts actually have a long inseam, unlike the Jett shorts from a couple years back.

To make the deals hotter, Mr Rebates (dot com) shares their affiliate link commissions as a cashback, currently set at 8%, if you click through their site first.

Post other hot deals if you find 'em.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up, I went ahead and ordered the Royal shorts.

mtbr member
    I just picked up this chain whip kit. It comes with a pinned cassette tool too. Pretty good deal for under $9. The ski jacket and pants i grabbed for my daughter put it over $50 so free two day shipping is a plus.

If you link to Backcountry.com thru your discover card account, you get 10% back with Discover's cashback bonus program.

Cutter Cassette Remover Kit | Backcountry.com
    Last edited by BXCc; 02-13-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added info

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    +rep for Varaxis

Picked up the green Royal Matrix shorts. I already have the blue and black. Also got 2 Huck and Roll short sleeve MTB jerseys, and a Dakine short sleeve MTB jersey. Normal price for all 4 items wold have been $244.85. My total was $91.46 with free shipping.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*