psycho cyclo addict

Art's Cyclery 20% off on $400 or more

Good deal...

Got some tires and an RD that are typically exempt from sale prices...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Is it a coupon code?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They give you $80 instant cash on $400 or more.

Living the Dream
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybjj View Post
    Is it a coupon code?
    What Westin said. Just put the item in your car and voila. Art's is quicky becoming my Favorite Shop of 2013.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow View Post
    What Westin said. Just put the item in your car and voila. Art's is quicky becoming my Favorite Shop of 2013.

they have been having some great deals lately

mtbr member
    My buddy ordered a GoPro HD Hero3+ Black Edition Adventure Camera and it came with a a free 16GB SD Card.

Regular Price $399.99 - $80 discount made it $319 with free shipping. Great deal
    Current bikes:

2014 Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fatbike
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2011 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The 15% off gift cards they have running right now is also a great deal. If you know your going to be making a big (or not so big) purchase in the future maybe hold on to em till Art's has another sale.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Does anyone know if you could use the gift cards along with a discount code on a future order? I would imagine you could...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shenvatele View Post
    Does anyone know if you could use the gift cards along with a discount code on a future order? I would imagine you could...
    Yes and no.

No: you can't use the gift cards with the current tiered discount promotion. Or more accurately, they deduct before the sub-total, so they won't advance you thru the discount tiers.

Yes: if you buy cards now at 15% discount, you can use them in the future with "normal" promotion codes (like past ones such as SAVE15 or HALLOWEEN20).
    EDIT: its not clear how the gift cards will work with a future promotion code, regardless of whether the gift cards were originally 15% off or full price. See my post 4 post lower down the thread.
    Last edited by InertiaMan; 11-29-2013 at 08:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yes: if you buy cards now at 15% discount, you can use them in the future with "normal" promotion codes (like past ones such as SAVE15 or HALLOWEEN20).[/QUOTE]

Can you use more than one gift card on a purchase?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eonicks View Post
    Can you use more than one gift card on a purchase?
    Yes. You can apply multiple gift card codes to a single order. I suspect it is unlimited, although I only tested two at a time.

However, the 15% discount sale on gift cards says there is a limit of 2 per customer. So your limit is on purchasing, not redemption. Although frankly I don't know if they really police that purchase limit if you did multiple orders with 2 (or fewer) cards per order.

mtbr member
    The bummer on the cards is that they don't send you the codes to use them instantly.

I still ordered two of the big ones...they'll get used eventually.
    Hey guys, lets go play bieks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    The bummer on the cards is that they don't send you the codes to use them instantly.
    If you had the same idea that I did -- getting cards first and then using them to pay for the current tiered discount promotion, thereby stacking the discounts -- it won't work. When you apply the cards during checkout, their system applies it pre-subtotal. For example, lets say you have $400 in your cart so the discount shows $80. If you then redeem a $250 gift card, it enters as a -$250 product, which reduces your subtotal to $150, and the discount then automatically reduces to $10 (= $10 off purchases over $100 tier).

In fact, I'm worried that the same thing will happen with future SAVE15 type codes. I can't remember if their system applies those codes individually to each product, or only once at the bottom/total. If its the latter case, then gift cards won't stack on top of promotion codes. And that would be true of ANY gift card, even ones that originated at full price.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was trying to buy the gift cards first, get the code, and then use the gift card to buy other onsale items. However, it seems they're shipping me actual cards rather than just email the card code.

Not a big deal, Arts is one of my favorite sites...I've spent a ton there this year, so I know the cards will get used. In fact, I'll be buying the K-Edge GoPro mount as soon as the cards come in the mail. No more looking like an idiot with the thing mounted to my helmet.
    Hey guys, lets go play bieks!

mtbr member

Re: Art's Cyclery 20% off on $400 or more

Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    If you had the same idea that I did -- getting cards first and then using them to pay for the current tiered discount promotion, thereby stacking the discounts -- it won't work. When you apply the cards during checkout, their system applies it pre-subtotal. For example, lets say you have $400 in your cart so the discount shows $80. If you then redeem a $250 gift card, it enters as a -$250 product, which reduces your subtotal to $150, and the discount then automatically reduces to $10 (= $10 off purchases over $100 tier).

In fact, I'm worried that the same thing will happen with future SAVE15 type codes. I can't remember if their system applies those codes individually to each product, or only once at the bottom/total. If its the latter case, then gift cards won't stack on top of promotion codes. And that would be true of ANY gift card, even ones that originated at full price.
    Thanks for the heads up...
    It makes sense, otherwise one could have used a 25% discount with a 15%gift card = 40% off, not much profit left...
    I got a Pike with a 25% off today (priced at $1004) so I am happy. I just wish I did not have to pay the CA tax...)
    BTW they have Smith Pivlock V2 Photochromic sunglases for 119.99 (down from 239.00) and you can still apply 10% off... Great deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I bought the KS LEV dropper they are selling for 300..down from 400. Once I put in my cart, it discounted a further $30. I had to search for another $100 worth of items that I "needed" to get the $80 discount. Free 2 day shipping to boot. I'm finding Art's tough to be beat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Not complaining by any means, but the one item I do need is actually more expensive this weekend since I can't use save15 code and don't need anything else to take advantage of the tiered coupons. Seems I spent much more pre-BF with save15 or halloween20. Wonder if anyone mentioned artscyclery.com when it was their turn at the table to say what they were thankful for, ha!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Things have changed. They modified their gift card redemption system at some point in the past day or two -- now the gift card is entered as a credit after the total, just like cash (or any other retailers gift card). Interestingly, this only works for the FIRST gift card you redeem. If you redeem two, the second one works sort of like the "old" system I described above.

I discovered this on check out tonight. Good news for anyone who bought the discounted gift cards; unless their system changes again, this means that you will successfully "stack" those discounted cards on any future Arts discount codes.