mtbr member

Anyone know when PricePoint will have free shipping again?

Is there a pattern? Seems like when I need to get something from them free shipping isn't offered, but when it is I don't need to buy anything.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Time to become a hoarder!

Thanks!
    I have been trying to make this argument tho my wife to explain the hundreds of tires, chains and "stuff" that now take over my garage. The hoarders manifesto: "Never pay for shipping! Never pay retail prices! Never discontinued!".

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Their charges to ship frames are too high.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Poacher
    Sep 2010

Been following this thread to no avail.

So I went to Jenson, and they price matched Pricepoint on 2 GEAX Mezcal TNT 2.3 tires FREE shipping over $50. Since I was getting free shipping anyway, I also orded $42 gloves on sale for $14. Sweeeeeet. Share the love. Good job Jenson! 1st price match out of 4 tries.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I wouldnt hold your breath, its usually only once or twice per year, once in the winter, and then sometimes in the late summer

bummer because i have some small stuff to buy there that i dont want to pay shipping on
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    So I went to Jenson, and they price matched Pricepoint on 2 GEAX Mezcal TNT 2.3 tires FREE shipping over $50. Since I was getting free shipping anyway, I also orded $42 gloves on sale for $14. Sweeeeeet. Share the love. Good job Jenson! 1st price match out of 4 tries.
    Well done! It's never to much to try a price match, I've been lucky more then 4 times with jenson price matching

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    Their charges to ship frames are too high.
    I had a frame and a handful of other parts shipped recently. It was $45 to ship the oversided box from Ca to Indiana. I didn't think that was too bad. Although the rate did not increase when I added more to my order than just the frame.

mtbr member
    I broke down and placed an order with PP. They had the 2011 Fox Transition helmet for a great price, and I wanted to get it before it was gone. Last year's model had the gloss black that I preferred over the 2012 matte black. It's actually for my nephew, who's gonna turn 5 and I'm getting him a Fox gear package in a black/white color scheme. He's totally in this dirt bike phase and associates Fox with MX dirt bikes. Well, I'm partly to blame with some of my Fox stuff :P

Good call on Jenson. I was gonna get some stuff from Ebikestop that I thought were priced right. I decided to se if Jenson had the items, and lo and behold, they had in stock all the parts I wanted. I did a price match and now my order is on its way! Jenson's price match is second to none. Elsewhere I replied to a thread about Ebike and said that they price match. The last price match I requested seemed a bit bogus. It was an instant NO. Jenson will either give an instant YES or get back to you on it while they review the price match. With Ebike, there was no review, just NO. How do they know the price to match was for another item?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    ... How do they know the price to match was for another item?
    Most likely they dont. They've probably got thresholds set and if they're not going to make enough money on a pricematch, they'll instantly decline it. Nothing wrong with that tactic in my opinion.