Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone heard of Cycleslink.com?

743 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tigris99 
#1 ·
Shopping online for first serious mountain bike, came across this site that seem to have amazing price, especially on older models. Store is in Indonesia.
Website indicate they accept all major credit cards, including PayPal so I placed an order over a week ago using Amex.
Contacted them couple days ago on status, they say their bank is currently not able to process international credit cards, can't process PayPal either and asked me to send via bank transfer. Anyone heard of them?

cycleslink dot com

#2 ·
Shopping online for first serious mountain bike, came across this site that seem to have amazing price, especially on older models. Store is in Indonesia.
Website indicate they accept all major credit cards, including PayPal so I placed an order over a week ago using Amex.
Contacted them couple days ago on status, they say their bank is currently not able to process international credit cards, can't process PayPal either and asked me to send via bank transfer. Anyone heard of them?

cycleslink dot com
Let's look at the Red Flags.....shall we?

1. amazing price
2. Store is in Indonesia
3. they say their bank is currently not able to process international credit cards, can't process PayPal either and asked me to send via bank transfer
4. Giant/Specialized/Cannondale do not allow dealers to sell bikes via internet
5. No Contact Phone Number on the site
6. Google this pic of the "about us" and it will come up under a dozen other scam bike shops:

7. If the price is too good to be true....then I think you already knew the answer.

Call your CC company and put a cancel that card IMMEDIATELY....have them re-issue you a new number. It is a way for them to get your card information.

#3 ·
Ya if you used a credit card cancel right away and get a new number. If you went through PayPal then shouldn't be an issue, just contact PayPal they'll take care of it.

Sad to see how many people fall into those traps.

AND NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING ONLINE INTERNATIONALLY THAT REQUESTS BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I wont even use my credit card, if their legit then PayPal isn't an issue for them. I have PayPal just for that purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.