mtbr member

anyone have experience with universal cycles?

anyone have experience with universal cycles?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006

mtbr member
    Excellent experiences with them. I've ordered from them many times. vip10 = 10% off orders over $100 and vip15=15%off over $300.

mtbr member
    I've got nothing but good things to say about UC. They've always had very good prices, fast price match and friendly customer service. I wish they'd open up a warehouse on the east coast!
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Most of my internet bike part purchases are from Universal. Nothing but great service from them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    best in business. and when something went wrong they took care of it and made it right.

mtbr member
    I recommend them without hesitation.

flow where ever you go
    no problems except slow-ish shipping at times. I use them without hesitation.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatgerm View Post
    Most of my internet bike part purchases are from Universal. Nothing but great service from them.
    Same here. My orders get here insanely quick, packaged well, and their price match system works pretty well most of the time.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member

Good job!

Just ordered a tire from them. Good price match and fast shipping.

Uncle

+1

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I recommend them without hesitation.
    If not LBS, then UC.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    They have become my favorite. Why?

1. You always get 10-15% off your larger purchases. You don't have to go searching all over the internet to find a coupon code.

2. $2.99 shipping on single items. This is awesome. Sometimes I need a small, cheap item, and it is sucks to pay Jenson or others like $6.99 to ship a part that is like $10.

3. Awesome selection and easy to navigate web page. Very few places have the selection they do, and you can actually see the real inventory levels. A lot of companies will sell stuff they don't have in stock (and they won't tell you that) and they make you wait weeks for it to come in stock and ship.

Downside is shipping is a little slow, and they claim they will price match, but rarely will they actually match a price. They will bring their price down a little, but not match. And of course you can't use the VIP coupon codes on a price match.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Axe
    Custom User Title
    My favorite online shop.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post

Downside is shipping is a little slow,
    I don't understand why 2 people have said this. When I order from them in the morning my orders always ship the same day. This is over at least 8 orders in the last 2 years. One time I called 2 hours after ordering to add something and they said they couldn't because it was already packed. But they gave me free shipping on the item I wanted to add.

If you're saying UPS takes too long to get to where you live that has nothing to do with Universal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I don't understand why 2 people have said this. When I order from them in the morning my orders always ship the same day. This is over at least 8 orders in the last 2 years. One time I called 2 hours after ordering to add something and they said they couldn't because it was already packed. But they gave me free shipping on the item I wanted to add.

If you're saying UPS takes too long to get to where you live that has nothing to do with Universal.
    2nd this. They are really good, especially if you pay attention to their stock and warehouse locations when you look at a specific item (which is also a great feature).

If I need an Item with no rush, I go to Universal, or a few other spots that have 3 day delays built-in.

If I need an item within a week, I go to Universal.

If I absolutely need an item in the next 3-4 days, I go to the LBS.

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    I love UC.

But they *can and have* actually been off about their inventory status. I tried to buy a '10 SID a while back and it said it was in-stock.. but after placing the order they didn't get back to me for a bit, then emailed me telling me they were out of stock on that, and weren't able to get more. HOWEVER. They made it right by offering me a '11 RLT Ti instead!
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    If I absolutely need an item in the next 3-4 days, I go to the LBS.
    Yep, and listen to them how they can order me the part in a week or two, go back home and ride another bike until the part comes from Universal (or TreeFort, or chainractioncycles, or Wiggle, or AEBikes, or a few other reputable shops).

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I like them, pricematching, coupons, flex shipping..fast

Another thread

What's Up Universal?
    Berkeley Bicycle Club (BBC) - http://berkeleybike.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Yep, and listen to them how they can order me the part in a week or two, go back home and ride another bike until the part comes from Universal (or TreeFort, or chainractioncycles, or Wiggle, or AEBikes, or a few other reputable shops).
    I meant for stuff they have in stock Sorry, thought that was obvious.

I'd almost never have the LBS order me something I can get from UC. Only a few proprietary things only available through dealers have I 'ordered' through and LBS.

mtbr member
    Universal cycles is great! Only weakness is sometimes shipping isn't the fastest when using the free shipping options but it's really not a complaint since they have very competitive pricing, offer price match, and usually have good monthly specials.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I'm just repeating what is being said, very fast shipping, good prices, good stock levels, great selection. They are part of my goto 3 with Pricepoint and Jensons.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    I'm just repeating what is being said, very fast shipping, good prices, good stock levels, great selection. They are part of my goto 3 with Pricepoint and Jensons.
    Same here...UC is very reliable and I love the VIP discounts! If I need something right away it's Jenson. Lowest price on newly released parts it's UC. PP if I need something the other 2 don't have.

Shipping from UC is not immediate like Jenson but just as quick as PP.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I used them a few months ago while I was visiting family in Portland. I wish I knew about the VIP discounts! Either way, I was happy. I had a list of things to finish up my bike build. I price matched almost everything from the internet, and made the purchase. The next day I stopped by the store and picked it up. E-Z. No hassles, no sales tax.

There's always next year.
    Love the selection, VIP discounts, money back for reviews, and price matching. Living in WA, shipping isn't all that bad in my opinion, especially when I'm not paying for it. Never had a complaint with them.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Love UC! They always have exactly what I'm looking for and shipping times are fantastic