mtbr member

anyone ever deal with ride-this?

http://www.ride-this.com/index.php/

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Bought a Fork from them. It seems as though they only ship out on Fri. I ordered on a Mon, found out they had the same fork with no bosses the next day. Sent an e-mail seeing if I could change order. Got a reply 2 days later saying it was already too late to do so. Shipped out Fri. Came as expected.

Likely more info than you wanted, but they were friendly, and the price was great.

mtbr member
    I ordered a Garmin gps from them. They have great prices, but they don't stock everything they sell. They ordered my gps from their supplier, then shipped it to me.

I would call them first to see what the availability is for the item you want.

mtbr member
    cant find there number on the site?

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Yeah, what TFrost said ..
    They have actually great prices and are willing to order colors/sizes for you ...
    The process can take a few weeks, its is kinda like dealing with a local shop but with good prices and shipping involved

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by david8613 View Post
    cant find there number on the site?
    It's not posted anymore...

503-659-1212

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Last month I ordered a shock spring and Blackspire stinger from them. Great prices! I knew they are typically slow to ship, and I was not in a hurry. It took about a week from order to my door, and I only live 300 miles away from them. So yes, they are slow, but the price could not be beat.

mtbr member
    great prices, but they seem to be more of a BTI/QBP frontend to me (ie. AEBike)... don't trust the stock and don't be in a rush/expect the ordered items to arrive in a timely manner and you'll be fine.

that said, I'd use them again.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

banned
    Dec 2006

http://www.ride-this.com/index.php/
    Never even heard of them

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfrost View Post
    It's not posted anymore...

503-659-1212
    From their site:

. You may contact us by email at customerservice@ride-this.com or reach us toll free by telephone at 1.877.544.6446
    All returns will be charged a 10% restocking fee, unless otherwise arranged by Ride-This.com Management.
    Not easy to find.

I personally don't deal with companies that only provide an email address in their 'contact' info and charge me money to return something, but that's just me.

mtbr member
    i keep calling and they never pick up?

mtbr member
    just a little update, carl called me today from ride-this, even though i had already placed my order online, very nice guy and he answered some questions i had and was able to change something in my order last minute for me. thumbs up so far... ill let ya guys know when i get my new bars and stem...

mtbr member
    I was looking at a fork on their site today that was out-of-stock. Couldn't find the phone number after literally looking for more than 15 minutes. So I googled their name and found a number, called and got the machine. So I decided to e-mail them my question about whether the fork I was interested in would be available at any point. I e-mailed at 12ET - so 9am where they are located. Haven't received a response yet, so at this point I'm almost tempted to spend about $60 more and order from someone else. We'll see if I get an e-mail by tomorrow - I think a 24 hour response time in todays market is more than fair.

mtbr member
    I think you need to be a little patient, he explained to me he is a small family business and that explains the excellent prices no overhead...if you sent an email I think he will call you back just give 'em a chance... I'd say let him call ya back and ask if he can order if it's not in stock, he did that for me...

mtbr member
    I think you need to be a little patient, he explained to me he is a small family business and that explains the excellent prices no overhead...if you sent an email I think he will call you back just give 'em a chance... I'd say let him call ya back and ask if he can order if it's not in stock, he did that for me...
    I don't have a problem with that, I'm just getting impatient b/c I don't want the other fork that is on sale to sell-out before I get a call back. Otherwise I wouldn't care that much.