mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anyone buy form http www.chainlove.com?

Seems like a neat site. Every half hour there is one item for sale and it has a large discount. Anyone actually buy from them. How was shipping time and was the order accurate?

mtbr member
    Yes, they are legit, no problems with several orders

offroader
    Dec 2008
    chainlove is run by backcountryoutlet.com they're one of the best online outdoor stores.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Shipping is fast. Never had a problem.

Just make sure the shipping cost is worth the discount on the less expensive items.

aw fiddlestix
    yeah, its good. just got a $60 dollar jersey for $30 shipped.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Yes, way too much, actually.

They are evil to all impulse shoppers! A bunch of stuff you don't need, but want, and end up spending lots of $$.

aw fiddlestix
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    Yes, way too much, actually.

They are evil to all impulse shoppers! A bunch of stuff you don't need, but want, and end up spending lots of $$.

hey, they warn you, fair and square.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SKRDR
    Seems like a neat site. Every half hour there is one item for sale and it has a large discount. Anyone actually buy from them. How was shipping time and was the order accurate?
    Yep, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them. The stuff that I've ordered usually gets to me in three or four days. There's only been one occasion where I didn't receive what I ordered. It was a shirt; I had ordered a short sleeve shirt, but ended up with a long sleeve. (Or vice versa. I don't remember now.) The size was right, and for the price - ten bucks or so - it wasn't worth sending back. I'll have occasion to wear it anyway.

You do have to be careful with sizes. A lot of the stuff put up on chainlove and the other one-deal-at-a-time sites (bonktown, steepandcheap, etc) are often stuff that didn't sell well for some reason. Sometimes the reason is that the sizing is a bit off. Luckily, there's usually some warning that this is the case, either in the item description, or in the reviews of the product.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, they have the BEST return policy ever - don't like it for some reason, ever? return it. yes, i'm serious.

I returned a ski helmet I bought before christmas (from tramdock, same company) AFTER ski season ended, no questions asked. It was unused, but I don't think it would have mattered.

I also had a L&M HID light get stolen from the box while in shipping, and they replaced it instantly, at their expense, and fought with FedEx for me. And they apologized for the inconvenience!!! Great store, two thumbs up, and one much-lighter wallet for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    They are awesome. I've placed many orders with them. I've received the wrong item only once and they promptly sent out the correct item via 3rd day UPS delivery at their own cost. I've been very pleased with my experiences with them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmblur
    Yes, they have the BEST return policy ever - don't like it for some reason, ever? return it. yes, i'm serious.

true, but as someone else pointed out, much of what they sell is so cheap it's not worth the price of shipping vs just keeping it. I've done that at least once - and continue to buy more stuff there than I should.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yea great site, backed by backcountry.com.....i use their snowbpard site (brociety.com) all winter for gear, now that i picked up MTB I've been using chainlove

Black Dragon
    I have ordered various items from Chainlove in the past. They ship super fast and prices are very good on some things. Personally, I think their shipping charges are often very reasonable. Their offerings in the past have been quit good (variety and quality). However, I've noticed recently that they have begun offering some lame items over and over again, like tacky women's downhill shorts and neon-colored gloves that likely didn't sell well elsewhere. But don't get me wrong, I really like Chainlove and will order from them again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    They hooked me up on a problem. Ordered a 6-pack of socks and I received one pair. I emailed and they offered the same deal on a different set of socks, since they sold out of the originals. They got me the 6-pck and let me keep the 1 pair I had received originally. Doesn't get much better than that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ive ordered half a dozen or more from them from jerseys to a roof rack...friggin sweet, sometimes even ships the same day! highly rec'd...they sell out quick, sometimes after you even get stuff in your cart, so if you want something, have your card ready and check out quick!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ordered from them many times, always fast shipping and always good products!

mtbr member
    Chainlove roX :/ ordered few days ago Commencal shoes for crazy low price and 2 days later BOOM they came to my door steps ..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Ordered through chainlove and its sister sites - Easton wheels, Continental GP4000 tires, Dura-Ace crankset, snowboard bindings, pants, and goggles, messenger bag, bike jersey, sunglasses :P never been disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    bonktown, chainlove, steepandcheap - they're all good!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by steelbike
    bonktown, chainlove, steepandcheap - they're all good!
    Yep, those are the ones that I watch.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SKRDR
    Seems like a neat site. Every half hour there is one item for sale and it has a large discount. Anyone actually buy from them. How was shipping time and was
    the order accurate?
    I have brought from them a few times with no problem

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    Yep, those are the ones that I watch.
    Heh, those are all from the same company, right? Looks like it.

Yeah... bookmarked.... gonna watch them.

Niterider HID for $190! Not bad!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Heh, those are all from the same company, right?
    They are. The parent site is www.backcountry.com.

One thing that I find slightly annoying is that the carts for all of these sites are all different, making it impossible to combine orders to save on shipping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    They are. The parent site is www.backcountry.com.

One thing that I find slightly annoying is that the carts for all of these sites are all different, making it impossible to combine orders to save on shipping.

Call them or use the chat feature. I am not sure if it was an exception but I called and was able to combine an order from Huck n Roll and the Backcountry outlet.