Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone been ripped off by Blue Sky Cycling?

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  zarr 
#1 ·
They charged me twice and are refusing to refund my money. Now I am fighting with my bank.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. SCAM.

#2 ·
Why are you fighting with your bank? If your story is true, just call your credit card company and tell them you were mistakenly double charged and ask them to withhold payment on the charge. It's pretty simple really. Then it's up to Blue Sky to clear up the mistake.

FWIW, I have had no problems with Blue Sky in the past.

This should be pretty cut and dry unless there is more to the story...

#9 ·
They sent me a Shimano chain not in the original box and missing the link pin. When I emailed them about it simply asking for a pin to make up for one I didn't get they kept replying that they only send one per chain. When I finally had to get nasty to get my point across after the 3rd correspondence, they said to send them the chain back if I wasn't satisfied...it'd been on my bike for 2 weeks by then and there was no way I was taking it off and paying to ship it back.

Post count shouldn't be an indication of credibility, but do I have enough tl1?:rolleyes:

I'll never use Blue Sky Cycling again.

#11 ·
My first time ordering through blue sky was a hassle. It was a while ago, but I do remember that they emailed me, telling me that I'd have to pay more than the total shown on their webpage. I would have had no problem with the price, but it was the fact that they emailed me after I already confirmed my order...second time the charm-no problems.

#12 ·
I've ordered from Blue Sky numerous times... only problem was an item that was listed as in stock but wasn't. I was notified the next day, and received the item a week later than originally expected.

All businesses have problems... that is part of the deal. If they are unable/unwilling to resolve the issue, then they must be flamed....

Post count does lend itself to credibility. It is kind of like how long we've known you.

#13 ·
I don't order from Blue Sky anymore simply because they don't have components in stock when they claim they do. And it takes forever to get them. Search this forum on Blue Sky and you'll see I'm not the only one with this issue. They do sometimes, however, slash prices on some stuff, so that sort of makes up for it, but not enough to warrant waiting weeks.

#14 ·
I've ordered from them around ten times. I haven't had any problems with getting the correct items or with the one return I've done. But "In stock" doesn't mean anything with them. If Blue Sky has an exceptional deal and I'm not in any hurry I'll still put in an order with them.

#17 ·
Hey Trevor, ordered from Blue Sky once and the whole order arrived just fine. This is the first I've heard about problems with them, so this is a good headsup. I've heard countless problems with Beyondbikes though. It appears to me that all online retailers will eventually run into problems and not be 100%. Sometimes you just get unlucky and talk/write to an employee who doesn't give a sh*t.

I've had problems/incorrect orders from Jenson, Nashbar, Speedgoat and ebikestop. They were all handled and corrected to my satisfaction each and every time...so I still believe in the system! Good luck with your bank issue.

#18 ·
Buonarroti said:
I don't order from Blue Sky anymore simply because they don't have components in stock when they claim they do. And it takes forever to get them. Search this forum on Blue Sky and you'll see I'm not the only one with this issue. They do sometimes, however, slash prices on some stuff, so that sort of makes up for it, but not enough to warrant waiting weeks.
+1. This was exactly my experience the ONE time I ordered from BS. I'm not interested in trying again.

#19 ·
I've placed a couple of orders with them this year with a whole bunch of different parts (was doing some builds at the time) and got everything with no problems. I use pretty much all of the online retailers and really haven't had a serious problem with any of them so maybe I'm just lucky.

#21 ·
I'm always put off by someone just blurting out: "never do business with these people.scam." or anything like that w/out giving a good explanation. Especially if I don't have a feel for the OP's temper, attitude, demeanor, sense of humor, etc.

I would be mch more receptive to criticism of a business if the complain was articulated in a different way.

"Dude! I ordered from Blue Sky Cycling and they charged me twice for the order!!! What gives???? Anybody ever have this happen to them??? I need advice. I'm already trying to dispute the charges through my bank... And Blue Sky, so far, won't issue me a refund!!!"

Maybe that would have elicted less criticism???

#22 ·
I've made numerous orders with Blue Sky with only one problem involving a backordered item - web site said in stock but they didn't have it. Same issue as alot of others have had. Easily resolved by calling in your order or atleast calling to confirm its in stock. I haven't had a problem since.

#23 ·
onegymrat said:
With all due respect, I don't see how someone who chooses to write/respond less than another defines whether they have a legitimate gripe or not. Like many things in life, quantity does not mean quality.
I disagree, especially in the case of one or two posts, because it looks like a disgruntled ex-employee or someone with an axe to grind of some kind simply registered under another user name or joined simply to soil the name of an innocent party that they're angry with.

Blue Sky has a good name and I've ordered from them at great prices myself without incident. The plain facts are that if you have very few posts you have no history to go from. People cannot go back through your posts to get a fix on your veracity and judge if you're a relatively reasonable person simply a run of the mill crank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.