Some guy
    Jul 2007

Anybody ordered from Bicycle Outfitters Indy?

www.bicycleoutfittersindy.com

They have some outstanding prices but are almost too good to be true. Especially if you combine it with teh one-time 20% off coupon they are offering. On ebay they have thousands of transactions with 100% feedback, but to get the 20% off coupon you have to order directly from the store. That removes all the safeguards of eBay/Paypal so it makes me a bit more nervous.

Anybody have anything to say about them?

Thanks!

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by McGuillicuddy

They have some outstanding prices but are almost too good to be true. Especially if you combine it with teh one-time 20% off coupon they are offering. On ebay they have thousands of transactions with 100% feedback, but to get the 20% off coupon you have to order directly from the store. That removes all the safeguards of eBay/Paypal so it makes me a bit more nervous.

Anybody have anything to say about them?

Thanks!
    I see a 15% off coupon (T83795) for first time buyers. Is that what you meant, or is there also one for 20% off?

The prices don't seem unrealistically low to me. If they have a perfect record on eBay, I'd feel comfortable ordering from them.

Some guy
    Jul 2007
    I went and ordered a Reba Race from them ($365 + $40 ship to Canada). Their eBay record is spotless and I called them up and talked forks with them for a while. If they're crooked they hide it well! Plus, if there's a problem I'll get Visa to go after them .

mtbr member
    May 2007

Official Geek Cyclist

Safe

I ordered a new Rock Shox Revelation fork from them. I spoke with them via email prior to ordering and they were very fast, knowledgable, and helpful. When I received my order, there was a coupon inside the box for 15% off my next order. I will definately buy from them again
    [SIZE="4"]The Night Train 12-Hour MTB Race[/SIZE]
    August 9, 2008
    ridethenighttrain.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ive ordered from them 3 -4 times in the past. nothing but good things to say about it. i highly recommend them.

Some guy
    Jul 2007
    Excellent. Glad to hear it .

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I actual physically went to their store today. Its almost small enough to miss...LOL. Best of all I can pick up anything I order and negate out the shipping costs!!!! yea for me!

bottomline, yes they are for real.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Great Company, Great Owner

I just got back from Bend, Oregon riding with the owner. His company rocks and he's the real deal. He loves bikes and selling great parts at great prices. Email him if you want an even better deal. For us out West, no sales tax too!

It's all about sharing the sport with more money left over for gas in the tank.

mtbr member

Great to deal with

I highly recommend them! I have ordered several times both via Ebay and directly. Everytime they were easy to deal with. I will buy from them again!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Another good experience - ordered a Sid from Italy and had it shipped to a NY Hotel
    They purposefully delayed the shipment to avoid a long storage at the front desk. And they also accepted a price match.
    Three thumbs up!
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Three orders (first one thru Ebay, which is how I discovered them.) Highly recommended!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hey ,
    john here, owner www.bicycleoutfittersindy.com
    yeah we are the real deal. been in bike biz all my life, after my father and grandfather. 3rd generation bike shop owner , first one to go live on the internet.
    Great News.!
    we are moving next week into a 8000 square foot facility , we are putting in a high end custom shop , hightech service dept., and a warehouse showroom.
    1031 Courty Club Rd Indianapolis , IN 46234
    visit us on the web or come check us out in person ,

ride on,
    john matthews
    owner bicycle outfitters indy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some guy
    Jul 2007
    I started this thread but I forgot to come back to it. I did order my Reba Race from bicycleoutfittersindy.com last year, and it was possibly the best online transaction I've ever had. Friendly guys, quick and cheap shipment. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

No good Be careful ordering from here

I received theor coupon after an eBay order and used it to order a drivetrain upgrade. I specifically was looking for SRAM X.7 in a MY10 as it is an updated piece. My receipt and invoice show the 2010 line item. I figured I'd pull the trigger and get a deal for the 2010 stuff because I had the coupon.

Well I received the package and all of the parts were 2009 model. I paid 2010 prices for the 2009 stuff. Even with the coupon I paid more that I would have at Jenson or PP even with CA tax and shipping.

I called today to get it rectified and no one was there who could assist and I was told the webmaster had to call me back. I will update this post if this ever gets resolved.

Just keep this in mind if you need anything specific.

mtbr member
    ive ordered from them, good fast service.

Special Lister
    I bought my 575 from them. I got a smokin' deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the heads up.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    I ordered a Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roller trainer from them on fleabay and got the wrong front wheel block. Called them and they sent me a return shipping email and I received the right one ASAP. Great price and good service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.