mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Any tube deals out there?

I'm looking to order a bunch of tubes and wanted to get them cheap. I saw Jenson's deal but they also had a review posted from a customer saying that the tubes were poor quality and had 4 out of 5 tubes flat. Anyone know of another place for low priced tubes?

Are you talking to me?

Your LBS.

Tubes are one thing that almost must be bought from a shop. you may find a deal, but the shipping will eat some of the savings. If you buy 10 tubes at a time, it may be worth it, but what happens if you have a seam issue with the first one you install?
    gfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I picked up a few when grabbing some bargain tires from Kenda. $2 each plus shipping through their specials page ~ and seem to be of better than average quality to boot!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the Kenda tip. Any idea what the letter FV or AV stand for in the valve column?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    FV and AV are the valve types.
    FV stands for French Valve and is the presta style while AV stands for American Valve and is the Schrader (like your car tire) style.

FYI, I didn't know what the heck this was either; and only found out because I looked and looked and looked, eventually finding it on the bottom of this page ~ where you can also find some comparison of the wall thickness of the various tube styles that they sell.