mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Any Problem With HDO Sport

I have ordered some items from HDO sport 10 days back and have submit copies of my ID and Credit Card as required for verification. To date, my order status remain unchanged and emails to them goes unanswered. I am not able to reach them by phone either.

Are they a reputable company? Any one else have problem with them?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    A copy of your ID? That just sounds strange. The only thing they should care about is that the shipping address is the same as the billing/credit card address. I've never dealt with them but a quick search seems to show they're legit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...A3VX72MEBB21JI

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I thought this was normal for international order. Jenson USA did ask for a copy of ID and Credit Card when I ordered from them.

On second thought, the whole situation could be my fault as my billing address is different from my mailing address. Hence, the transaction was flagged as suspicious.

However, it is not right not to answer emails or phone call and when fund has already been deducted from my account.

Quote Originally Posted by norcom
    A copy of your ID? That just sounds strange. The only thing they should care about is that the shipping address is the same as the billing/credit card address. I've never dealt with them but a quick search seems to show they're legit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...A3VX72MEBB21JI

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Oh you're not in the states. I only pay with PayPal from CRC/wiggle/ebay.uk. Maybe they would have wanted a copy of my CC/ID as well then.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by tomatocanlite View Post
    I have ordered some items from HDO sport 10 days back and have submit copies of my ID and Credit Card as required for verification. To date, my order status remain unchanged and emails to them goes unanswered. I am not able to reach them by phone either.

Are they a reputable company? Any one else have problem with them?
    Order some Ralph Lauren sunglasses from this site in a random shopping splurg online. Later the next day when reviewing my order noticed that ALL the feedback/reviews were one liners like "great" or "good seller" and became suspicious. When ppl take the time to write a review they usually put more into it than a few words. Also noticed that the only reviews that actually look like a TRUE customer wrote it were paragraphs long about how phony the site was. Soooooo, cancelled my order. Credit card was already charged the amoutn even though I had cancelled. And I have never had my identity stole but the next day (Ordered on the 14th, cancelled, the 15th, identity stolen the 16th) I had fradulent charges happening across the country. 100% sure it was because of this site
    DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE THEY ARE PHONY AND STEAL YOUR CREDIT CARD #. I will posting this message whereever I can so others can avoid these scammers.

Anna

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hello From HDO Sport, first let me apologize to previous buyers such as the one who started this thread for trouble with orders prior to 2010. We completely changed ownership in 2010 and are a vastly different company then the one that the previously owner nearly ran into the ground. I assure you that we would never handle an order as such and currently assure to respond to all e-mails within 24 hours, we would never just ignore any.

In regards to annamari742, she has been slandering us across the internet based off of complete misunderstanding of the internet. We are a legit company, authorized dealers of all brands we carry, we encourage you to contact any brand at all to confirm. We would absolutely never steal credit card numbers. Her order in question was placed on Amazon, where 1. we are never provided with any billing information (Amazon handles billing and issues fund to the seller, they never share your billing information with anyone) so what she accuses is literally impossible. 2. the only people that can submit a review for a company on Amazon is if they have physically purchased an item from that seller. It is not possible to fabricate reviews and all our reviews, good and bad, are 100% real from real customers. There are some misguided reviews as Ray-Ban makes their sunglasses in China now a days, so some customers will jump to the false conclusion that they received fakes because they believe it should have been made in Italy even though again we are direct authorized dealers, and since all reviews on Amazon are real customers and can not be tampered, we have no way of getting those customers to remove said feedback even if they are wrong, this is what she was referring to about feedback saying anything about us being phony. In regards to their credit card being stolen, anything that happened to this customers credit card is completely unrelated to our company as again not only would we never do that, but we never once had access to that information, it simply is not possible.