Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chatham NJ
    May 2004

any place with really cheap tubes or cheap patches?

I have gone through 2 tubes in the past two days. First one was a thorn, 2nd tube got two holes, I cant figure out what they are from, they are about 10inchs apart, and are unrelated.
    So I am looking for a place that sellings 26x1.95 tubes for cheap, if in bulk i dont want more than 10 or so. Or somehwere that has patches for really cheap.
    Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    gfdgfdgdfg
    Last edited by randomsurplus; 09-06-2004 at 11:22 AM.

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    ...wtf

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eman
    I have gone through 2 tubes in the past two days. First one was a thorn, 2nd tube got two holes, I cant figure out what they are from, they are about 10inchs apart, and are unrelated.
    So I am looking for a place that sellings 26x1.95 tubes for cheap, if in bulk i dont want more than 10 or so. Or somehwere that has patches for really cheap.
    Thanks!!!
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...TOKEN=64414545 is the best thing on the net.

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    thanks danK, i just found that an hour or so ago, probably like 2 seconds before you posted. That seems like the absolute best deal, 1.50 a tube really cant be beat.

customized
    Sep 2003
    worng size tube...check out www.Blueskycycling.com, best deal you'll find

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nope. Right size tube. Check out: Thoughts on narrow tubes?....... And how does "10 for $16.98" beat "10 for $10?"
    Last edited by danK; 09-06-2004 at 08:21 PM. Reason: more info

customized
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Nope. Right size tube. Check out: Thoughts on narrow tubes?....... And how does "10 for $16.98" beat "10 for $10?"
    I'm just trying to get what I know out there. Your right 10 for $10 is cheaper. I personally wouldn't put a 1.5 in a 1.95 unless had a flat and only had that tube. These trails in the northeast are not nice to thin tubes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    I'm just trying to get what I know out there. Your right 10 for $10 is cheaper. I personally wouldn't put a 1.5 in a 1.95 unless had a flat and only had that tube. These trails in the northeast are not nice to thin tubes.
    Wasn't tryin' to bag on ya. The smaller tubes (regular butyl, not the flimsy pinch/flat prone blue/green ones that cost $14) are bombproof. They're so light and durable. I've ridden with them all over the East (okay, not all over, but Maine down to Pennsylvania) and up in British Columbia and the fast trails in Tahoe. But to each their own.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    http://shop.hammerheadbikes.com/site...ory&Catalog=47

These are Kenda Schraeder valve, 2.1" size. That Performance Bike link is for Presta valve.

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    Yea, I dont have a problem with presta vs schrader, either will be fine. Im running those kenda tubes relabled as pyramid, dont know if the blackburn tubes would be a step up or a step down...

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    well...performance screwed up, THANKS PERFORMANCE, apparently they dont have those tubes, THANKS FOR TELLING ME 2 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED!!!

this means I still neeed tubes. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Which tubes don't they have? the blackburn 26x1.25-1.5, 10 for $10?

well...performance screwed up, THANKS PERFORMANCE, apparently they dont have those tubes, THANKS FOR TELLING ME 2 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED!!!

mtbr member

Not all tubes are created equal!

Eman,
    Such is the danger of mail order. this is not an uncommon thing. Anyway, maybe cheap tubes are not your answer! Tubes that you can buy for $1.50 are the crappiest pieces of crap made in the darkest bowels of china! I've been to the factories and I know what I am talking about. Get yourself some Torrelli Tubes at your local shop. Uniform wall thickness and quality materials make the tubes ride better and generally resist pinch flats and punctures better than the $1.50 jobs. The retail is about $7 to $10. Buy 5 tubes and a butyl patch kit for $3. Glueless patches are okay if you are in a bind but the traditional vulcanizing glue kit is more reliable. The tubes are worth patching.

When you change your tubes make sure there is no junk inside the tire. Also, find a tire pressure that gives you the traction you want but don't go so low that you oinch flat a lot.

Hope this helps!
    Brendan

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    Which tubes don't they have? the blackburn 26x1.25-1.5, 10 for $10?
    yup, they are out of those.

brendan-thats the problem, I dont want a 7-10dollar tube. Thats 7-10 of hte other tubes, and I doubt it will last 7-10times longer.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I doubt it. I'd say they're all made under similar circumstances. I ride the Performance house brand and their better than the continental's in the store and 10 go for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan
    Eman,
    Such is the danger of mail order. this is not an uncommon thing. Anyway, maybe cheap tubes are not your answer! Tubes that you can buy for $1.50 are the crappiest pieces of crap made in the darkest bowels of china! I've been to the factories and I know what I am Brendan

squirrellyrabbit

Hammerhead's out

Just FYI, in case you go the hammerhead/schraeder route: I tried to order them about 2 weeks ago and they're out of them. Maybe they're back in, but I think that sale was to get rid of old stock and they won't be re-stocking...

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit
    Just FYI, in case you go the hammerhead/schraeder route: I tried to order them about 2 weeks ago and they're out of them. Maybe they're back in, but I think that sale was to get rid of old stock and they won't be re-stocking...
    damn, I was just about to ask if the 2.1tubes will fit my 1.95tires without any problems.
    Thanks for letting me know!!!
    Actually, now that i think about it the tubes I was(and am) running are kenda 1.95/2.1 tubes relabled as pyramid 1.5/1.75/1.95 or somethin like that.

any other places for cheap tubes??

Has anyone used these tubes?
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/view_product.php?pid=583
    Do you know what brand they will be(since they are relabled I think)
    Last edited by eman; 09-12-2004 at 10:13 AM.

"El Whatever"
    yup, they are out of those.

brendan-thats the problem, I dont want a 7-10dollar tube. Thats 7-10 of hte other tubes, and I doubt it will last 7-10times longer.
    er... Had you tried going to your lbs??? I guess you can take a look at all tires available in there....

Try the Michelin's Airstop. No flats in 1000 miles I've had.
    Check my Site

customized
    Sep 2003
    I ordered 30 tubes from BlueSkyCycling and I couldn't be happier. I've used them in 2.35 tires with no problem also. Funny how this thread goes back to my original suggestion. Let me add that Bluesky has great customer service and are very quick to respond via email.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

How about Jenson

I bought from JensonUSA and they have different sizes for $2.00 each, I received Bontrager tubes (different from shown on web page) and they are pretty good so far.

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    I ordered 30 tubes from BlueSkyCycling and I couldn't be happier. I've used them in 2.35 tires with no problem also. Funny how this thread goes back to my original suggestion. Let me add that Bluesky has great customer service and are very quick to respond via email.
    thanks for your suggestion, that seems like the place I will order from. What brand are the tubes? I think IRC relabels another brand, I could be wrong and be thinking of another brand though.

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBull
    I bought from JensonUSA and they have different sizes for $2.00 each, I received Bontrager tubes (different from shown on web page) and they are pretty good so far.
    Hmm, thats also a possibility. I also need some cheapish tires for mainly pavement, but also some trails, grass, a little offroad. I'm thinking about the irc mythos xc II for 13bucks.
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/view_product.php?pid=22
    any suggestions??

customized
    Sep 2003
    The Blueskycycling tubes come in IRC boxes just like the website shows. Jenson is my favorite place on the net to shop. They are the same price and shipping should be the same. You know what you are getting from Bluesky, but I'd trust Jenson with anything bike related. Sounds like it would be a coin flip.

Damn, you should just order the tubes to end this painfully long thread.

Louis

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    haha. I also want some tires, prob irc mythos xc, thats why I will stick with blueskycycling.com
    And all my threads asking what to get are painfully long

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast