mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. Any great deals on Giro Xar MTB Helmets..??

I just crash my helmet (with me in it) the other day so i'm looking for a replacement..

Size large if makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    15% off $99.99 at PerformanceBike - bikes, bike accessories, bike gear, cycling equipment, cycling apparel, and more

And scroll down a bit to the Departmentofgoods.com thread regarding 50% off RETAIL price on sale items. The Xar is not listed but the Hex is: Giro Hex Helmet from Departmentofgoods.com

A simple web search brought up Jenson has a large brown: Giro Xar Helmet '11 > Apparel > Helmets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    15% off $99.99 at PerformanceBike - bikes, bike accessories, bike gear, cycling equipment, cycling apparel, and more

And scroll down a bit to the Departmentofgoods.com thread regarding 50% off RETAIL price on sale items. The Xar is not listed but the Hex is: Giro Hex Helmet from Departmentofgoods.com

A simple web search brought up Jenson has a large brown: Giro Xar Helmet '11 > Apparel > Helmets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Many thanks Westin, I'm sure I will buy a new helmet today

Update: I order the orange color en large from performance, even if brown was very tempting do to the price the orange was much prettier.
    Last edited by patineto; 10-23-2012 at 07:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post

Daaaamnnnnnn!! I'm so tempted with the brown one, looks so good! Oh boy, hide my CC!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stoot View Post
    Daaaamnnnnnn!! I'm so tempted with the brown one, looks so good! Oh boy, hide my CC!!!!
    Go for it, I even like the color..

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I received an email that Jenson has the Xar and several other helmets on sale. I can't post links yet since I don't have enough posts, but it's on the main page of JensonUSA.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    A got my orange send to the performance store and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but I don't think I will do that again since it almost 10days, well at least I was in no hurry this time so no big deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Okay we need another one of this helmets, this time for my wife..

Any good deals around this days..!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I bought a giro xar helmet recently and on the first really hot day in England (we don't get many) I had sweat running down into my eyes really badly. Never had this problem before with specialized helmets. Anybody else had this issue? I wrote to the warranty email address on giros website but have been ignored so far. Any ideas what to do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee17 View Post
    I bought a giro xar helmet recently and on the first really hot day in England (we don't get many) I had sweat running down into my eyes really badly. Never had this problem before with specialized helmets. Anybody else had this issue? I wrote to the warranty email address on giros website but have been ignored so far. Any ideas what to do?
    What do you want to do? You wrote to Giro because you sweat? You can't truly expect them to answer you on this, do you? Here in the US, where it gets hot too many times, I use gloves that have sweat pads built in.
    Just be happy you're sweating on the trail and not at work!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Think ill ditch the giro and go back to specialized then....whilst riding in the sun on my holidays.
    Happy days. Enjoy your work.

Bike Addiction
    I went to buy a Xar and tried on several helmets while there. Left with a Speci. I'm sure the Xar is a great helmet but the Speci just felt better. But then I already had a Speci before so.... just might feel comfy with familarity.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee17 View Post
    Actually I think you are into something..

Even if I wear my Halo head band a lot of sweet comes down my face with the new Giro, in fact I did the same ride (temperature/time of day) with my old helmet (bell) and the new Gyro and with the Xar my face got a lot more wet..

I do think is a design problem even if is not much we can do about..

mtbr member
    So all things being equal, like similar ventilation and colors, what would be the difference between Giro and Spesh? The location of the sweat bands/padding in the helmet or one helmet just fitting better?

Bike Addiction
    I my case the fit right out of the box was better. I think the Xar looks better and the colors on the Xar I liked better. Everybodies melon has a different shape so YMMV. Can only go by others as far as the sweat issues. The Speci doesn't have that problem at least on my noggin
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing