Out there
    Aug 2006

Any good disc brake deals?

You can always get BB7s at a good price but any good hydro deals? Formula K18s especially, Juicy 7s, whatever...
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Is Muddy
    The cheapest I can think of are either A set of OEM Juicy 3's (Not very common.) OR SOME Shimano Deore/Deore LX Hydro's. I prefer to stay away from Hayes but This is MOUNTAIN BIKE REVIEW.COM so you can probably find some reviews on the above mentioned hydro sets. Neither should cost you more than $250 for a full set. Either that or get a job at a bike shop and EP a set of Juicy Ultimates & quit. Tee-hee.
    2007 Waltworks 29er,
    2007 Intense 5.5 EVP,
    2006 Specialized Langster,
    2002 Giant DH Comp,
    1993 KHS Montana Comp SS.

Freshly Fujified

I got your deal!!!

I hate to give this one up, as I should just buy them for a build this summer but here goes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0366&rd=1&rd=1

A complete set of new Juicy 5's for $144 shipped!!! That's cheaper than some sets of BB7's

If they're an option, I'd grab them. They will not last!

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Freshly Fujified

Gone!

Somebody snatched 'em up.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Out there
    Aug 2006
    That is a great deal, Clyde... thank you!

I am not sure about the J5's though. I think it is BB7s or the Formulas since that is what I am running on my other bikes... somebody should snap that up though. Maybe you?
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Freshly Fujified

I wish I could

Just don't have the cash at this time. Unexpected car expenses

Somebody got a great deal.

Good luck in finding a good price on something more suitable.

Bob

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

... and if we just ... Shimano Deore Brake Set $137.77

Shimano Deore M525 Hydraulic Brake Front & Rear Set $137.77

http://www.fullcycles.com/product_in...roducts_id/865

has everything including a bleed kit!!! SWEET!

banned
    Feb 2007
    Hayes 9's $89 per set at wheel world. They had a 20% off coupon not sure if they still do.
    http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=3864

Out there
    Aug 2006
    wolfbeast, jimmyk, you guys ROCK.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Good job! I'd say....

I would defintely recommend the shimano LX's or Juicy 5's instead of the Hayes. My .02

Whatever you get; welcome to power, modulation, reliability, and low maintenance.

Welcome to HYDROS!!! ENJOY!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    how hard are the hydro's to switch out from existing cable discs?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Jenson XTR caliper and rotor $79??? so $160 a set.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Okay, thanks for all the input. I really wanted the Formula Oros. I found the K18s at Universal for $115:
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5137&category=

Then you need the rotors/adaptors, which are $32/$39 for the 160mm/180mm IS versions
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5138&category=

Total is just a hair over $300, which gives you the 15% discount, taking it down to $255.

Watch out for the brake hose lengths as they come in two flavours.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    www.unrealcycles.com has Juicy 7's for $100 per axle, and juicy 5's for even less. I purchased the 7's, they arrived in two day - complete, and now installed! Best deal I've seen....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug
    Okay, thanks for all the input. I really wanted the Formula Oros. I found the K18s at Universal for $115:
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5137&category=

Then you need the rotors/adaptors, which are $32/$39 for the 160mm/180mm IS versions
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5138&category=

Total is just a hair over $300, which gives you the 15% discount, taking it down to $255.

Watch out for the brake hose lengths as they come in two flavours.
    I just checked today and they've raised the prices to $129 for the K18's. Damn!

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Yup I blew that one also. Still works out to a pretty good deal with the 15% off.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkoetting
    www.unrealcycles.com has Juicy 7's for $100 per axle, and juicy 5's for even less. I purchased the 7's, they arrived in two day - complete, and now installed! Best deal I've seen....
    They have some great prices on many avid discs: $50 for the BB7s with 203mm rotors is hard to beat.

Thanks for the tip.

Wombat

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    unrealcycles has some UNFRICKINGREAL shipping prices! $34.80 to ship F&R J5's to me - screw 'em.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    The Formula Oros arrived today so I swapped out my BB7s to the singlespeed and put the Oros on the Niner. Took me, um, a grand total of what? Ten minutes?

MAN that was easy.

I love the BB7s but the Formulas are better in almost every way (except price).

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    $112 shipped for juicy 7s with the cleansweep rotor.....cant argue with that.....although i can tell they are having growing pains.....they NEVER called me back......they dont seem to be in very close contact with the warehouse. But its all good cuz i dont need them for a couple more months since there going on my DH bike.
    2011 Santa Cruz V-10

2008 Giant Reign X

2007 Specialized Allez