Sweat is just fat crying.

Any good deals on seats out there?

WTB would be ok, but I'm open to suggestions.

Not too plush, though.

Thanks-

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Living the Dream

This saddle is small but very comfy and light.

"And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

... and if we just ...

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=10653

Cambria Bike Outfitters

WTB LASER V PROGEL SADDLE '05
    Plush performance is what this saddle is all about. Full performance spec, premium materials and dual-density Soft-Shell makes this the most popular saddle in the line. Great for road and mountain use.
    Titanium rails
    Soft shell w/Comfort Zone
    Plush padding with ProGel
    Leather & synthetic cover
    Abrasion resistant corners

Price says $49.95, but they had it advertised in pg. 35 Mountain Biking magazine for $40, so use price smasher against their own ad and you will get it for $38

$38 is not bad for a titanium rail, partial leather, pro-gel WTB seat.

Thanks guys, but...

...I went by Performance last nite, and they had a WTB Speed V w/ ti rails marked down to $45. I took it to the counter and the clerk looked it up on the website and said, "These are marked down even more since we're in between sales. It's $29.99."

Hoookayyyy.

I took it and jammed.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah....good price....but I already have the speed and it hurts after a couple hours of riding. Maybe you will have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    Yeah....good price....but I already have the speed and it hurts after a couple hours of riding. Maybe you will have better luck.
    I already have the same model on my SS, and haven't had any pain issues. Course, I'm not sitting on it a whole lot.

Where does it pain ya?

fp

mtbr member
    Sierra Trading Post has two different Fizik Nisene saddles with ti rails on double clearance for $40 and $48 respectively:

1. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...in-Bike-Saddle

2. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...Mountain-Bikes

Also if you use Google checkout, you get an extra $10 off. So, that's a $120 saddle for $30 plus shipping! The prices will go back up Nov 3.

I'm a bit of a deal hound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    ...I went by Performance last nite, and they had a WTB Speed V w/ ti rails marked down to $45. I took it to the counter and the clerk looked it up on the website and said, "These are marked down even more since we're in between sales. It's $29.99."

Hoookayyyy.

I took it and jammed.

fp
    Went to the website and the only saddle that they have online that 's close to what you got was the wtb speed v w/cromo rails and weighs 400g for $29.99. Can't find the ti rail version anywhere on their site. Please post a link if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WeWu
    Went to the website and the only saddle that they have online that 's close to what you got was the wtb speed v w/cromo rails and weighs 400g for $29.99. Can't find the ti rail version anywhere on their site. Please post a link if possible.
    I'm pretty sure he charged me for the wrong seat. That's why I took it and jammed.

It's hard to say the way WTB has the seats packaged which model it is. I could have gotten one over on Performance, I may not have. I questioned him on the price and he seemed sure, so I ran with it.

In other words, no linkee, sorry.

fp

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=10653

Cambria Bike Outfitters

WTB LASER V PROGEL SADDLE '05
    Plush performance is what this saddle is all about. Full performance spec, premium materials and dual-density Soft-Shell makes this the most popular saddle in the line. Great for road and mountain use.
    Titanium rails
    Soft shell w/Comfort Zone
    Plush padding with ProGel
    Leather & synthetic cover
    Abrasion resistant corners

Price says $49.95, but they had it advertised in pg. 35 Mountain Biking magazine for $40, so use price smasher against their own ad and you will get it for $38

$38 is not bad for a titanium rail, partial leather, pro-gel WTB seat.
    I just picked one up and got them to price smash their own ad. Thanks for the info.

JP

Hill crawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    WTB would be ok, but I'm open to suggestions.

Not too plush, though.

Thanks-

fp
    Any Brooks. But probably a Team Pro (thicker leather). Ballpark $120. But if it gets too comfortable get a Brooks spanner, $10, and tighten the damn think up Last you a lifetime. Total cost of ownership over the next 50 years ? Less than $3/year vs. getting the latest and greatest every two years. Oh, and they weigh twice as much so they must be good