mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Any deals on light disc wheelsets under $400?

My goal is to lighten up a size small Cannondale F5 I purchased for my son. The stock 26" disc wheels & tires are extremely heavy. Can anyone recommend a lightweight 26" inexpensive disc wheelset under $400.00 or so and a light weight set of tires. My son weighs under 100 lbs.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Under $400 is tough. I spent the week shopping for a similar wheelset for a friend. $425 delivered was the best I found for ZTR Crest.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Components - Pure XCR Blue Set - 60% OFF SALE! - Bicycle Wheel Warehouse
    These seem pretty light, but with coupon code "blue" they're under $300.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    xtr race or trail wheelset might fit if the fork is 15 thru and quick release rear. competitive cyclist had them for under $400 i think they've gone up a bit but if you chat with them they'll give you 10% off or so I'd imagine. i love my xtr trail wheels

App-a-LATCH-un

E b a y

I just picked up some wtb I19's laced to dt Swiss 350 hubs for less than $250 from the auction site. They are likely Santa Cruz take offs as that seems to be a popular combo from them. They weigh about 1600 gms/set.
    I've got a bike
    You can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings
    and things to make it look good . . .

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Under $400 is tough. I spent the week shopping for a similar wheelset for a friend. $425 delivered was the best I found for ZTR Crest.
    EBay?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Check out the hope pro on wiggle. They probably come in at 1650g. Pair those with some specialized tires based on your trails.

mtbr member
    I would search on pinkbike.com. There are a lot of good deals on bikes and components on that site.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    My goal is to lighten up a size small Cannondale F5 I purchased for my son. The stock 26" disc wheels & tires are extremely heavy. Can anyone recommend a lightweight 26" inexpensive disc wheelset under $400.00 or so and a light weight set of tires. My son weighs under 100 lbs.

Thanks.
    ebay is your best bet