mtbr member

Amazon Store: Xtreme Bike & Sport Any good?

anyone bought from Xtreme Bike & Sport on amazon? are they any good and reliable?

Xtreme Bike & Sport @ Amazon.com:

looking to get this from them:
    Amazon.com: Ergon SM3 Pro black: Xtreme Bike & Sport

Tree Crasher
    I bought a fork from them last spring. The price was right but delivery was slow, over a week and a half. I'm guessing they order their stuff from a warehouse then reship it, thus the delay. Other than that pretty uneventful.
    CRAP... I'm in the wrong gear

mtbr member
    hey thanks!

any other feedback guys?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    bought items from them on ebay. The item was as described. Don't remember any issues with the shipping one way or the other.

mtbr member
    Bought 2 springs for my coil shock from them also on ebay. Item was as described and got to my address in 18 days -> USA - Europe which is fast (their part at least)
    If you're in control, you aren't going fast enough.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhop View Post
    I bought a fork from them last spring. The price was right but delivery was slow, over a week and a half. I'm guessing they order their stuff from a warehouse then reship it, thus the delay. Other than that pretty uneventful.
    usually dont pay attention to the store im ordering from on amazon but it seems like they have the bike part market cornered on amazon. I ordered some stuff and it took 4-5 days for them to ship it out. I canceled the order without hassle.

If I wasnt in a rush I would be fine to order from them, but Im spoiled by amazon prime.

mtbr member
    Hey..thanks for the feedback..you all think that deal for the ergon saddle is good or are there better deals out there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I just bought one of the ergon sm3's from them, the $110 for the pro was too good of a deal to pass up.

I should have the seat next week, as they just shipped it today, 4 days after i ordered it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Like others have shared, they worked fine for me but were a bit slow on shipping as I am also spoiled by Prime

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ordered on ebay. No problem and cheap shipping rate to Canada. fast shipping too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Artscyclery has it listed for $109 w/ shipping. They have a 25% coupon currently newyear25 so you get a good deal on it from a reputable vendor.

mtbr member
    wow..thanks for the feedback guys..if a deal in singapore doesnt go as planned will probably get this from amazon

Hack Racer
    I ordered from them before. Shipped to Canada no problems. It was a small part... I can't even remember what. It was either a part to fix something or a tool.

no issues. I bought from them because shipping was cheap to Canada.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhop View Post
    Same here I ordered a fork and took about 2 weeks

mtbr member
    I will not do business with them again.

Original order placed with status of "In Stock". Waited 2 weeks with not a word. Amazon tells me to contact seller. I email Xtreme Bike and they say they cancelled the order because item is out of stock(not back-ordered). The order was never cancelled and the item continues to show "In Stock". Xtreme blames Amazon for the problem and now offers me to fulfill order as they claim they have the product. I have never gone through so much trouble for a $1.52 item. Maybe that is the problem. I guess I am just not worth their business. Order cancelled. Not at all worth this aggravation.

Long live the ASR-7
    I did not have a good experience either. I ordered a fork and they shipped me the wrong one. They refused to ship me the fork they had listed for the price they had on the site. Customer service was lousy, slow and rude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
    I bought from them because shipping was cheap to Canada.
    I had not considered them before - thanks for this.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bosbik View Post
    anyone bought from Xtreme Bike & Sport on amazon? are they any good and reliable?

Xtreme Bike & Sport @ Amazon.com:

looking to get this from them:
    Amazon.com: Ergon SM3 Pro black: Xtreme Bike & Sport
    I ordered from them through Amazon, and the item was not the model advertised. I had to return the item. I avoid them now, as I can't trust their descriptions.

mtbr member
    I recently bought some listed in-stock tires from them. A week and a half goes by without a word so I check my paypal balance and found that my order had been refunded minus the "free" shipping. I had to call them to ask for a reason and the balance of what I was owed.

I'll never buy from them again. If they can't keep track of how much they're selling and have in stock then they need to cut back on the volume.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'll never use again. A true test of customer service at any store is when you have to return something. In my case I wanted to return a damaged item I bought through their Amazon store. It was poorly packaged to begin with - a flimsy envelope with no padding which was torn open. I sent photos and followed up with a phone call. I told the lady I would be fine keeping the item if they wanted to offer a discount rather than pay for shipping costs back/forth. She had such a rude attitude, implying it was somehow my fault and she sarcastically offered to refund $1.00 for my troubles. Really? $1.00? I sent back the item and got only a partial refund in return! We exchanged some emails and they just stopped responding altogether. Finally I had to go through Amazon arbitration to get the rest of my refund back which took a couple weeks. What an unbelievable hassle.

Unfortunately they do so much volume of business and most people who keep the items they buy never realize how their bad service is, so the low ratings get lost in averages. Its a shame for the consumer. For these large retailers this means they can do well despite offering crappy service.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    ordered a bottom bracket from them. Claimed it was in stock but a few days later i get a charge on my credit card and an email saying the item was not in stock. Don't plan on using them again

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I had one simple transaction with them (box of spokes) which went fine, but I won't do it again. The business model they use -- based on holding zero inventory and ordering from distributors after you order from them -- is executed far more efficiently by real bike shops with proven track records like aebike.com or upgradecycle.com.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ordered a bar from them that was "in stock" but got email a day later stating it was no longer manufactured. Which is a crap. Richey carbon bar. Then they refused to cancel the other part of the order because they claimed it shipped when in fact it didn't ship for three days later.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

mtbr member
    I just had a bad experience with their eBay store.

Ordered two bottombracket bearing kits. What I received was 1 set of bearings - they forgot the second set and they didn't include any seals. After some back and forth they offered a $3 refund, which was a joke. Thankfully PayPal gave me a full refund. They've got a few other recent eBay reps that tell the same story.

Slow to ship in the first place, something sloppy is going on in their warehouse, and crappy customer service when they make a mistake - avoid.

mtbr member
    i just bought this saddle a couple weeks ago here for much less and it got to me fast and perfectly as ordered.

my second choice would be Art's if there's a coupon. good experiences with them.