mtbr member

AliExpress.com, anyone have any experience with them first hand, good or bad?

I saw this post over in a thread on lights, which linked me to AliExpress.com, a site I've never seen before. I was wondering what people had to say, good or bad, about any bike parts or accessories purchased from the various Chinese sellers on there. I'm assuming there are good sellers and bad sellers, as there are with any marketplace, but I'm looking for some info to make some decisions about the site in general, sellers and products.

Thanks in advance for any experiences you can share.

mtbr member
    A web search for their reviews is not promising. Many reviews with really bad results.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Try DealExtreme - they are legit DX New Products: the Latest and Coolest Gadgets ? DX
    They carry most of the Chinese stuff, no risk.

mtbr member
    aliexpress is legit, its mostly direct from chinese factory type stuff. You can get decent stuff, or it'll end up breaking after a couple of miles.
    Hey guys, lets go play bieks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    aliexpress is legit, its mostly direct from chinese factory type stuff. You can get decent stuff, or it'll end up breaking after a couple of miles.
    Good to hear, but I'm not sure I want to play Russian (or should I say Chinese?) roulette ordering something that's a waste.

It seems like the few things I found that looked like legitimately good products at a good price were all selling for more than they were at a few months ago, and the rest of it is either unrated, sketchy or just a straight up obvious counterfeit.

Not sure what items would be worth the risk, but without a higher degree of confidence, I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing from there for now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peteer01 View Post
    Good to hear, but I'm not sure I want to play Russian (or should I say Chinese?) roulette ordering something that's a waste.

It seems like the few things I found that looked like legitimately good products at a good price were all selling for more than they were at a few months ago, and the rest of it is either unrated, sketchy or just a straight up obvious counterfeit.

Not sure what items would be worth the risk, but without a higher degree of confidence, I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing from there for now.
    I thought everything is fake at aliexpress, that's why everything is so cheap. Fake Oakleys, carbon parts, etc...

SCRUBDUNKER
    AliExpress is like eBay, it's a marketplace for vendors

mtbr member
    I always assume everything from China is fake. I look for items priced accordingly, and never pay 'almost' retail for the off chance it might be real.

I ordered lights from deal extreme. It took the full month to get to me, has been good stuff so far. I think I might have gotten a pouch too or something. Chinese stuff, but works as good as name brand.

I ordered something from Aliexpress once, never got it. Checked tracking, and found out it dead ended as 'Undeliverable as addressed' at a post office before being sent back to China. The seller foamed at the mouth over it, and accused me of all sorts of stuff. Aliexpress refunded me since there never was a delivery confirmation. The dealer dropped it a month later, I am assuming once it made it's way back to them.