Thread: Alfred E. Bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Alfred E. Bike

Anyone ever order anything from alfred e. bike? I saw some cheap stuff on there but I have never heard this company.

mtbr member
    I ordered a hub from them. Their parts web site is a consumer version of QBP. I donít think that they stock too many parts. They order the parts in when you place your order. It only took a couple of days extra to get my hub. It was worth it because I saved about $50. I would order from them again.

mtbr member
    one of the best internet-order companies I've dealt with. Like above, it's a QBP link, a few others have a similar deal but AEbike is cheaper 99% of the time. Since they don't stock anything, I really don't understand how they get stuff as fast as they do, but their delivery times have always been on-par with other stores that keep stuff in stock.

They always get first crack at my purchases.

*Hotter than Hell*
    Aug 2005
    Good prices. Pretty good cust.serv. from Cullen. Just be damned sure the parts are the correct size,15% restocking fee on returns and exchanges.
    PROFESSIONAL THREAD KILLER!

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    Maybe I will just start hanging out in the "Recycle Bin" forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by max123
    Anyone ever order anything from alfred e. bike? I saw some cheap stuff on there but I have never heard this company.
    I've ordered from them several times. No bad experiences so far. I'll definitely order from them again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    - Two thumbs up. Decent service/communication, great prices, fast turn-around on the orders, good selection. I've had no problems with any shipments in the past two years I've been ordering from them.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules
    one of the best internet-order companies I've dealt with. Like above, it's a QBP link, a few others have a similar deal but AEbike is cheaper 99% of the time. Since they don't stock anything, I really don't understand how they get stuff as fast as they do, but their delivery times have always been on-par with other stores that keep stuff in stock.

They always get first crack at my purchases.
    They are also a real and long-time LBS. I have never had an issue with them.

They do not offer overnight or 2-day shipping so they are not the place to order if you need it in a hurry.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    i ordered a light from them a few months ago. everything went smoothly. their prices on most stuff are pretty good. i would order from them again.

mtbr member
    I have ordered several times from them without any issues. I would buy from them again.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    My favorite for price and quick QBP order turn arounds.
    speedub.nate
    ∑ MTBR Hiatus UFN ∑

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Alfred E. Bike is a good store. I know them from local purchases only, but they've been good for that.

Eric

EDR

Totally legit.....i've ordered only once but browse their site often. they are a bick and mortar type place and very helpful on the phone....go for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Good company, never had a problem. Rarity that another shop offers QBP stuff as cheap.

banned
    Good place.

mtbr member
    I think they are about an hour from my house (Kalamzoo Michigan). I just heard of them them after doing a Froogle search. It sounds like a nice family run shop. I'm going to add them my list of online suppliers. I try to patronize Jenson as much as possible since they are a sponsor here but $$$ talks.

In exile
    I have used them several times. On lots of stuff, Universal is good, but I got some $200 Ritchey WCS compact road cranks for $123 from them. I ordered them on Sunday and had them on Thursday.

mtbr member

very satisfied

Ordered some wheels and parts from them a couple of weeks ago, first time ordering from them. Very friendly and helpful on the phone, though one question I had on the wheels they couldn't tell me anything more than what was written on the web site. Nonetheless, they had by far the best price on the wheels I could find. Very reasonable shipping fees and they were delivered within a few days. They will be the first place I look for future web orders.

it's....
    Quote Originally Posted by vick
    Ordered some wheels and parts from them a couple of weeks ago, first time ordering from them. Very friendly and helpful on the phone, though one question I had on the wheels they couldn't tell me anything more than what was written on the web site. Nonetheless, they had by far the best price on the wheels I could find. Very reasonable shipping fees and they were delivered within a few days. They will be the first place I look for future web orders.
    yup, ordered my wheels from them also.
    Where else can you get XT/Mavic 819 set for $260?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer
    yup, ordered my wheels from them also.
    Where else can you get XT/Mavic 819 set for $260?
    Lots, but Quality employs some very skilled wheelbuilders, as I've seen.

AEbike also has some good shipping policies on wheels. Bought a DT240s wheel from them for $7 shipping.

I know some other dealers don't like them because of their QBP pricing, but from the customer's point of view, they're fast, courteous, and helpful.