Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Add Jenson USA the list of stores that suck

I got denied a legitimate price match because the idiot on the other end "didn't see the price" I was matching. Maybe because I was a few cents off. (ie $56 instead of $56.95) I'm actually glad they didn't price match. Their prices are steep, shipping is out of this world. I ended up getting $500 worth of stuff at Treefort. I got to give it up to Treefort bike because they actually honor their price match guaranty AND they offer free shipping.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thats funny considering Tree fort bikes has way more people complaining about them then Jenson.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

bi-winning
    Jenson does not suck, IMHO.

They get stuff to my door (in Canada) faster than anywhere else, by a long shot, with flat rate shipping. I get what I order, in good shape. Prices are often better than I can get locally, and the selection is ok.

Sure, there is room for improvement, but you can say that about most retailers.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I <3 Jenson. Best prices and never any hiccup with any order. And Ive ordered a ton of stuff. Shipping has always been reasonable (and cheaper than most) for me.
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Are you sure you are not just a complainer!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Over react much?

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Jenson is good.
    Bikes, beer and pizza.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ok so you complain about a dollar when you are happy that you didnt order from them anyway?

mtbr member
    Goes both ways guys. OP probably had a bad experience, no idea his attitude, or the guy on the phone.

Many (myself included) have had great experiences, but thank you for your feedback. Everyone can improve.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Forgot to mention I sent both places the EXACT same information. The name of the competitor's store, the LINK to the actual product with the price, and the amount I entered was $56. Treefort got it right by matching the exact amount the item was listed for on the competitor's web site.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by superspec
    ok so you complain about a dollar when you are happy that you didnt order from them anyway?
    Dollar? Jenson was charging $81 pluss $8 shipping for what I got for $56 and free shipping. ... er sorry I MEAN $56.95...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Jenson has treated me very well both in-store and over the web. The took a return that was well outside the time period and gave me full credit on my CC. That's good service and they earn my business time and time again.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    Thats funny considering Tree fort bikes has way more people complaining about them then Jenson.
    That's funny, I've never heard a legitimate complaint about treefort besides some people complaining about slow shipping from the other side of the country. I'm in no way affiliated with the company but I've had nothing but positive experience from them. They have ALWAYS honored their price match guaranty, they consistently have lower prices than most other stores, and their customer service over the phone has been stellar. Jenson on the other hand have always been expensive and I was not impressed by their customer service especially in this case.

I have priced match with Cambria bikes and in a similar situation they price matched to their lowest price without actually price matching the lower price I requested as it was too low. The fact that the Jenson representative stated:

"Decline Reason:
    don't see a price of $56 offered"

when the link for the price was provided just seems cold and inconsiderate.

This is the link that was provided. http://www.ebikestop.com/dt_swiss_co...les-SQ3292.php (out of curiosity is the price that hard to miss?)

Also, AEbikes declined to match the price but offered to reduced their price from $68 to $60 which was still nice of them. And they offer free shipping of order over $75. Jenson doesn't even offer free shipping... ever.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 06-17-2010 at 09:00 PM.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Dear XXXX,

We have finished checking the prices you provided us on the DT SWISS COMP. 2.0/1.8 SPOKES - BLACK. If a price match was declined, a reason will be provided. If a price match was approved, please use the link provided to ensure that you receive that price. If an item is not listed below that you requested a price match on, please be patient as we probably have not been able to verify the price yet.

Thank You for allowing JensonUSA to be your cycling source!

If you experience difficulties, please email our webmaster at
    webmaster@JensonUSA.com.

SN308A01
    DT SWISS COMP. 2.0/1.8 SPOKES - BLACK
    Black, 292mm, Box Of 72

Req Price: $56.00
    Approved: No

Decline Reason:
    don't see a price of $56 offered

offroader
    Dec 2008
    From TreeFort:

Your Coupon Code (enter it in your cart)
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Product: DT Swiss Competition Spokes Black

Requested Price: $56.00

Approved Price: $56.00

Price Machine Coupon Codes are valid for a limited time only. Your Coupon Code expires on June 20, 2010.
    Using this coupon indicates your acceptance of our terms & conditions.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    From AEBike (At least they tried)

Hi XXXX,
    The best we can do on those spokes are $60.00.

Thanks
    Cullen

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Again all three were provided the EXACT same information.

mtbr member

OP needs glasses. JensonUSA is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava
    Again all three were provided the EXACT same information.
    Check yo link, fool.
    The price listed on the site is $56.95
    I've never had problems with them before, and they're my FIRST choice for bike parts. I've never seen a legitimate price match for an item that was in-stock at the other store (which is one of their requirements). The fact that treefort bikes approved your request makes me think that their attention to detail isn't what it should be.
    Here's a screenshot for ya:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Add Jenson USA the list of stores that suck-picture-2.png  

Build.
    Ride.
    Repeat.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidie
    Check yo link, fool.
    The price listed on the site is $56.95
    I've never had problems with them before, and they're my FIRST choice for bike parts. I've never seen a legitimate price match for an item that was in-stock at the other store (which is one of their requirements). The fact that treefort bikes approved your request makes me think that their attention to detail isn't what it should be.
    Here's a screenshot for ya:
    This issue obviously isn't about attention to detail as much as the spirit of the price match and customer service or lack their of. I'm well aware of Jensen's history they've been around a long time and have a loyal following among old timers. But there are stores out there that are doing a better job. Jenson also has a history of not honoring their price matches, it's been documented here. This is just another case. You think they could have said they'd match it up to $56.95? I did provide the link didn't I?
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 06-17-2010 at 09:59 PM.

gunslinger
    I just did another price match w/ Jensen w/o issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    That's funny, I've never heard a legitimate complaint about treefort
    And you think your complaint is "legitimate". You messed up on the price and you blame them. That doesn't sound too legitimate. You call the other guy an idiot, but seriously how hard is it to transcribe the price from one place to another? Why should he have to figure it out for you?

For the record I have shopped at both Tree Fort and Jenson, and I like them both.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    And you think your complaint is "legitimate". You messed up on the price and you blame them. That doesn't sound too legitimate. You call the other guy an idiot, but seriously how hard is it to transcribe the price from one place to another? Why should he have to figure it out for you?

For the record I have shopped at both Tree Fort and Jenson, and I like them both.
    That's what you call good customer service. That's what other stores do. And I'm not sure but I would say it's their job. It just seems like common sense to me that if a link is provided then the EXACT price should be be apparent to them.
    Last edited by CupOfJava; 06-18-2010 at 06:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Jenson also has a history of not honoring their price matches, it's been documented here. This is just another case.

FWIW I have been ordering from Jenson for over 10years now, maybe 30+ orders

Every order I have always had items submitted for price match, and they have always price matched every item

And as with any online dealer several small problems over the years, and each one was handled in an extremely satisfactory manner with no problems...no hassles with all my refunds or shipping or price match

customer service also very good

mtbr member
    That's what you call good customer service. That's what other stores do. And I'm not sure but I would say it's their job. It just seems like common sense to me that if a link is provided then the EXACT price should be be apparent to them.
    And it seems like common sense to me that you should fill in the field marked "price to match" with the EXACT price you want them to match.
    Build.
    Ride.
    Repeat.

sore member
    The price match feature is probably partially automated. You enter a price and a link and a program scans the link you provided looking for the exact price you quoted. If the program finds it, it forwards it to Jenson staff for further verification. If it doesn't, you get the "don't see a price of X offered".

It probably does a number of other automated checks as well, such as checking if the link provided belongs to a non-US retailer, checking if the price is below the M.A.P. for a given brand & component, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast