Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

AAWYEAH.com...legit or a scam? Help!

They;re legit, please ignore see below
    Last edited by asdasd; 03-26-2012 at 08:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    people have been getting good results from this thread
    AAWYEAH.com code

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Of course I finally get a response after I post this. Out of stock

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    They're legit, got a screaming deal on a cassette and shipping was really quick. Not amazon prime quick mind you, but quick for a discount bike parts place for sure.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    May 2012
    They do ship quickly - but their "customer service" is a nightmare. They shipped me a bike with lower level components swapped in placed of the advertised specs. They then forced me to pay return shipping - which they said they would reimburse me for - they haven't. And they still have my money from the purchase. They claim that the bike got a few scratches and nicks on the frame during the return shipping. So they are now holding my money and want me to file a claim with FedEx. All this after they sent me a different spec'd bike than I paid for. My advice: stay away, far away.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I ordered a fork and cassette on 6/3..... Wanted to check if I'd be seeing it today or tomorrow. My order status still says, "Awaiting Fulfillment".....
    I'm starting to get a little worried.
    An email to cs@aawyeah.com hasn't been answered.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I usually get an automated email updating the status when my order has been shipped.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    So I shouldn't worry that it's been three days? Ordered Sun. Mon would've been the first business day.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    they are slow to ship, not their claimed next day service. I think they probably get overwhelmed with how much their business is growing since they have very good prices. I've had to wait 4 business days for an item to ship. Not a big deal but plan accordingly.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for posting. Makes me feel a little better.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    I ordered some lube from them a month ago, got a tracking number 3 hours later, had it in 2 days. they shipped it priority i believe.

Dirt Huffer
    IT's LEGIT! I've ordered many things from them in the past few months. In fact, one just arrived today in the mail. lol
    26" for life!!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    ... Which is great.... So, has anything that you've ordered from them taken this long? I received an order confirmation email and have an order number. Again, to be fair, I ordered Sun. AM. Mon. would be the first business day.... But, It's 5:30 EST and no shipping email. 4 days? (assuming that this will go into Thurs.)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I usually order on weekends and had shipping updated the same day usually.

Their customer service seems to be non-existant. It took several days for them to respond to an email question.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I received an email from "Jenny" with customer service late last night. Apparently a "forklift" damaged my goods upon retrieval in the warehouse. And, that it was the last "unit" in stock.

Very generic email with no mention of what I actually ordered. Which gave me the impression that it was a general email to pacify the customer.

That being said, she did say that it would be shipped today via priority mail. And, offered to take $10 off of my next order.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

newsflash

have ordered bits & pieces from these guys before & i just received my small order that i placed on monday so am pleased with their usual quick delivery...

but guess what?

on the return address the shipper name was ABAXO

so now we know who aawyeah really is, why there is a high proportion of problem orders, & why the customer service sux

hmmmm...

MTB Trail Advocate
    Some say they are legit, however, it has become my personal practice to NOT order from any Web company that does not have a publicly listed business address. For all I know this could be coming from a sweatshop somewhere in SE Asia.
    PHX, AZ MTBDOC MTB Customs and Repairs

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    We'll see when/if my fork/cassette gets here. I've had SO much success using Universal and Tree Fort that I don't think that I'll go back.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfyrefyter View Post
    Some say they are legit, however, it has become my personal practice to NOT order from any Web company that does not have a publicly listed business address. For all I know this could be coming from a sweatshop somewhere in SE Asia.
    a sweatshop in Asia? how did it get to my house in two days then?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Of course it'd be abaxo. That hack is notorious for shipping late. There is no jenny. Its one guy working outta a wharehouse space. Want his name? I learned it when i had to open a paypal claim, his name was attached to the account info. A week after i escalated the claim, which was opened three weeks after he supposedly shipped a set of shifters and four brake rotors, he provides a tracking number which never updated ever.... A month passed before paypal closed the claim and refunded me my money.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Call me Phred
    Just got my Oury Grips from them in the mail. $9.91 with free shipping. Practically the best price delivered on the internet. Got em in less than a week. Can't beat that. I'll order from them again. AAWYEAH!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Still waiting on my fork and cassette...... So, despite all of these success stories.... Can't say that I'm sold on them.

Universal and Tree Fort for me for now on.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have had good luck with them, but only small bits n' parts here and there. I did try to return some tires once, and went through the necessary steps. It remains an open issue to this day (5 months later).

I just put the tires on my wife's bike and left it at that.

Maybe not so good for big stuff (frames) but fine for grips, tubes, etc. Shipping has always been quick for me.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Oh, and due to the " forklift damage problem" ?..... they said it would ship this past Thursday via "priority mail"..... It didn't ship until Friday, and won't be here until this Wednesday......
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    maybe they try to scam people on the expensive items like forks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast