Trail Ninja

661 Evo Pressure Suit Body Armor 2011 SMALL $135

http://www.xsportsprotective.com/six...sure-suit.html

$250 -$100 for 2010 model in Small to make it $150. Use code EM4141 for 10% off (-$15) to make your final price $135.

If you wanted some high quality body armor for mountain biking or whatever that isn't bulky and can be worn under your shirt/DH jersey, this is as good as it gets from what I've seen. If you're skinny, 135 lbs or something, and wear small shirts you're in luck.

2011 models have a zipper down the front and are purple instead of blue. For almost half off, I'll live with it. If you were considering elbow pads, this has 'em built in, but I mainly want this for the shoulder protection.

I ordered one and I'm skinny, but I have fairly muscular arms, so I'm sort of worried about the tightness in the sleeves while pulling it over or taking it off. I used to use the 661 Vapor Short Sleeve Chest Protector, but I'm sending that back. The bulky shoulders make my shadow look like I had boobs on my shoulders or made me look like a linebacker if I wore it under my jersey.

Trail Ninja
    I got mine in and it actually has a zipper and fits pretty well. It lacks top of the shoulder protection though, which is a part where I kind of wanted protection.

I leaned my body into a tight turn around in a tight twisty tree lined trail and had my left shoulder hit a pretty stout tree and it's never been the same.

This was my last set of armor that I simply didn't really like to wear due to being too bulky. http://www.departmentofgoods.com/six...t-short-sleeve

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How do you like the EVO pressure suit, after wearing it for a few months? I have a 2011 Vapor suit, but it looks dumb under my jersey and I bought a size too large for me. Do you feel that the memory foam is comparable to the protection the Vapor suit has?
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

Trail Ninja
    Fits really well. Very low profile. A lot of guys ask about it, since they want to wear armor, but think it's too bulky or hot. Definitely not a linebacker look; more of a body builder look after puffing out your shoulders. Fits well under DH jerseys. I don't have any close fitting XC jerseys, but wouldn't wear this under those. Fits okay under a T shirt too, but is a little goofy.

It takes a bit of work getting your arms out of the sleeves after the ride's over and everything's moist. It's like taking off a tight wet glove. Tried it with the back protector off a few times, but generally like it with it on. Rather have the protection there, despite riding with a hydration pack.

It's the only body armor that I've liked so far. Had a few falls and it doesn't even have a scuff. My jerseys seem to take all the abrasion damage. I don't wear it often as of late, as expected in this heatwave. I rode it all the time in the late winter and up until late spring, even on XC rides. I wore it maybe 3-4 times this month so far, once when it was cool and I was with a slower group and testing out a new bike and the next ride. When the temps get above 80 and you have climbs, it feels like it's holding you back. I go through my entire 3L hydration pack in 2-3 hours. On the climbs which are killing you, you start to feel that it's compressing your chest, combined with hydropack sternum strap and maybe GoPro chesty cam, and has an effect on your breathing. Not a bad thing, since I use the feeling as a reminder to take deeper breaths, instead of hard rapid shallow breaths.

$250 MSRP is an insane price to pay. I feel *extremely* lucky to get it at this price. Cheapest I've seen yet. Next cheapest was $135 + $8 S/H from a special 3 day sale at the Clymb. I don't like the Clymb, due to their return policy (huge hassle with potential sizing issues) and how slow it takes them to ship, so this deal is a bigger plus.

Overall, I'd *highly* recommend it. Mainly only helps against abrasion and a certain level of puncture/gouging, but gives tons of confidence. It's not likely to protect your collarbone if you have a tendency to superman, but after falling a few times, you learn to transition into a roll, even if you start off a superman. It spreads impacts out fairly well. One of the times I was glad I wore it was when I was practicing riding/crossing a long rock bridge across a creek at the bottom of a canyon. I didn't make it the first time, made it the 2nd, but couldn't do it again with on lookers trying to watch. Ended up on my back after a rather flamboyant dismount and just stayed laying there smiling while they rushed up. Got a few pats on my shoulder pads, since the protection impressed my companions.