Thread: 5050 x pins?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

5050 x pins?

I just got an amazing deal on some 5050x pedals at the outlet in my performance store ($28!) but the grip sucks. Anyone know of a good place to get the long pins or set screws? the cheapest I've seen is like $13 before shipping. thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    on the same note, anyone ever had dealings with smartbikeparts.com? or bikeparts.com?

Team Cspine

bikeparts.com...

They are actually a few blocks from me so I get to mosey in the store fairly regularly but they've always been good to me. I always use the local pickup option so your mileage may vary but they've always delivered within 2 days for me.

Obviously if you live farther across the country, delivery times will be different but John (owner) and the kids that work in there are good dudes and never hustle anyone into crap they don't need that I've seen anyway.

Thanks for reminding me I need to go down there and fondle the OCR C2's again. And in the off chance you're Giant ho they have some smokin deals on bikes in the store like Anthem 1's and a few others.

If you find stuff to buy, email and ask them if they have any coupon codes going right now. Last time I asked they didn't but that changes regularly. Tell 'em the guy the with the broken neck sent you
    Sorry what?

Team Cspine

Mmm...

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob
    They are actually a few blocks from me so I get to mosey in the store fairly regularly but they've always been good to me. I always use the local pickup option so your mileage may vary but they've always delivered within 2 days for me.

Obviously if you live farther across the country, delivery times will be different but John (owner) and the kids that work in there are good dudes and never hustle anyone into crap they don't need that I've seen anyway.

Thanks for reminding me I need to go down there and fondle the OCR C2's again. And in the off chance you're Giant ho they have some smokin deals on bikes in the store like Anthem 1's and a few others.

If you find stuff to buy, email and ask them if they have any coupon codes going right now. Last time I asked they didn't but that changes regularly. Tell 'em the guy the with the broken neck sent you

Guess I should rephrase the "Giant ho" thing but you get my drift...
    Sorry what?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    I just got an amazing deal on some 5050x pedals at the outlet in my performance store ($28!) but the grip sucks. Anyone know of a good place to get the long pins or set screws? the cheapest I've seen is like $13 before shipping. thanks.
    My 5050s came with the setscrew pins. Maybe that is why yours were only $28.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ? nah, 5050x comes with short pins, 5050xx comes with long and extra plate set. The setscrew must've been some custom option your merchant offered, or if you got em direct.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    you might try your local bike shop. I also have a set of 5050x and since I bought them there( for 49 dollars) they threw in the set screws. I'm also always looking for the best deal, but sometimes it is best to buy from your shop.