Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

50% off...

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  NslrPrtn 
#1 ·
...at backcountry.com for their outlet store's original price starting today ( TAKE50 ). I actually ordered a set of cranks yesterday and they credited my account the additional savings today via chat after I received the flyer. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Just be sure to confine your shopping to the Outlet tab on the Backcountry website.

I swear, the Backcountry conglomerate of websites is starting to annoy me. How many brands do they need?

Case in point:

I received this 50% code in my email. The email was from departmentofgoods.com. The graphic inside the email said "DepartmentofGoods Outlet - Full price is dead."

So I start shopping at departmentofgoods for an ultralight sleeping bag. They have some Montbell models that were 20% off that I was expecting to take to 50% off. On checkout, code showed invalid. I go to online chat. The service person repeatedly tells me "Backcountry.com IS departmentofgoods. DoG is our outlet site." And I'm trying to tell her that they may be the same company, but they show different stock. The "Outlet" stock is a subset of the DoG stock. After 30 minutes, the service person concedes that the sites are different, and confirms that THIS CODE IS NOT APPLICABLE AT DoG. In other words, no Montbell sleeping bags. So I tell her that this would be less confusing if they didn't send DoG emails with DoG graphics/click-throughs with discount codes which aren't valid at DoG.

Their overlapping brands are beginning to confuse their own employees.

#6 ·
I like the way they have stuff in the outlet that is already over 50% off. So if you use the coupon code it gets more expensive. What a stupid gimmick "coupon". Whatever the coupon is, it ought to be off of the sale price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.