Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16

    29er fork 120 mm

    I am struggling to find a decent deal on a:

    29er fork - 120 mm - Tapered - thru-axle

    (preferably black...)

    I have searched high and low so your suggestions are much appreciated!

  2. #2
    PVGNA PRO PATRIA
    Reputation: NslrPrtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    161
    try Biker Bob

  3. #3
    29er
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    859
    Tower pro

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    I'll be selling my 2013 Float 29 CTD very soon. About 150 miles on it, so it's broken in for ya. 120, tapered, 15 thru, but it's white. Lmk if you want more details.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16
    @scv

    Please send me a PM with details

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,434
    Pm'd

  7. #7
    Poacher
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,262
    I can never seem to afford new model year, but the new FOX29er 34 stanchion is sweeeet! I spray painted my FOX29 RLC 120. Looks factory. 1 hour sanding, 30 min taping, prime, reprime, paint, repaint, REPAINT. 5 coats total over 2 days. 4 or 5 hours. PITA. Not as durable and alot of work.
    Last edited by hoolie; 01-06-2013 at 12:38 PM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16
    @hoolie

    Certainly sounds like a PITA

    Any one else found any good deals out there?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    644
    sent you a pm

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16
    I'm still searching...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Just picked up a 2013 Fox float ctd 29er 120mm tapered w/ 15mm for $633 and change. Tree fort price match off of speedgoat (for free shipping). 24% off retail. Back ordered until early Feb. It is white though.

  12. #12
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,692
    If you don't mind a 20mm thru axle and it can be lowered to 120
    Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 29" Dual Air 1.5" Taper 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

  13. #13
    Poacher
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,262

    Speedgoat

    Fox 32 FLOAT 29 120 FIT CTD with Trail Adjust Fork (2013), $633.91 in Outlet

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    939

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Not tapered but i just picked up a black 120mm 2011 Rockshox Reba RLT TI 29Er Dual Air with 20mm t/a for $399 with code score2 good for 20% off today only from Cambria

    Rockshox Reba RLT TI 29Er Dual Air Suspension Fork *Closeout* 100100544

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    247
    RockShox Reba RLT TI 29r - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

    Picked up one of these up a few weeks ago. Tapered, black, stock 140mm but can be lowered to 120 with included spacers. $399.00

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    RockShox Reba RLT TI 29r - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

    Picked up one of these up a few weeks ago. Tapered, black, stock 140mm but can be lowered to 120 with included spacers. $399.00
    Is it 20mm thru axle? I keep thinking about it but I need 15 or 9.
    Last edited by norcom; 02-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    RockShox Reba RLT TI 29r - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

    Picked up one of these up a few weeks ago. Tapered, black, stock 140mm but can be lowered to 120 with included spacers. $399.00
    Good call man, I need a tapered any way luckily i got a hold of them in time this morning and was able to cancel now my decision is between w.w. Reba or the Revo rc3 from CR for $510

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dnlwthrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,255
    I picked up a Fox Float CTD 120 (meets all your specs except the white lowers instead of black) from Tryon Bike. Contact them for pricing. The TALAS will give you black for a few $$ more.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    247
    Yeah it is a 20mm axle. Does limit your hub choices a bit, but for the price it was a trade off I was will to make.

  21. #21
    MSH
    MSH is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    737
    If you are willing to be patient--> eBay.
    I just picked up a black '13 SID RCT3 120mm, 15mm T-A, tapered for $572 + $16 shipping. MSRP on this one is $820. Almost 30% off. Probably helped that the auction ended around the 2nd qtr of the Super Bowl though.

    +1 on aforementioned Tryon (they are on ebay as well). They have good deals on Fox forks (approx 20% off MSRP) and Bikerbob. If I recall correctly Bikerbob was between 20-25% off MSRP.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    629
    If considering new...It's tough to find any spectacular deals on a fork with those specs. I've literally spent the last 2 months searching, and the only really good deals have been on straight steerer 9mm drop outs, and a few 100mm options. Ended up finding a Sid 120 rct3 in black for $575...still more then I wanted to spend...and the seller gave me the run around. If I knew it was gonna be such a unpleasant transaction, I would have gladly spent more at a reputable local shop. Either way, it's a solid fork and got what I wanted in the end. The next best deal I found was $615 online.

    If your looking used, pay close attention to eBay. Once or twice a week you'll find a great deal on a fox in black with your specs, but they go quick! I missed out on 2 brand new take offs for $450.

    If you decide to go with a 100mm fox, I've got a f29 rlc in black sitting on my rack I've been too lazy to post online. Has about 100 miles on it, and works great. Good luck!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Not tapered but i just picked up a black 120mm 2011 Rockshox Reba RLT TI 29Er Dual Air with 20mm t/a for $399 with code score2 good for 20% off today only from Cambria

    Rockshox Reba RLT TI 29Er Dual Air Suspension Fork *Closeout* 100100544
    Ok i will NEVER recommend Cambria again, Placed my Order Monday night and after reading ripn's post about the tapered deal at w.w. i called Cambria first thing the next morning and cancelled, they said no problem your paypal will be refunded within 12-24 hours well here it is 4 days later and still nothing, just hoping w.w. still has the deal when Cambria decide's to refund me i mean how hard is it to cancel paypal and refund ?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    I ended up ordering the Reba from W.W. and after a week still do not have refund from Cambria after one a week, Might have to file a claim with p.p.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    I ended up ordering the Reba from W.W. and after a week still do not have refund from Cambria after one a week, Might have to file a claim with p.p.
    On the plus side, I had a great experience with WheelWorld. Very quick shipping. Hope you get things sorted out with Cambria, that just sucks.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    On the plus side, I had a great experience with WheelWorld. Very quick shipping. Hope you get things sorted out with Cambria, that just sucks.
    Yea i had a great experince with WheelWorld also i had my fork 1 day after ordering it so thanks again for the link.

    As for the situation with Cambria (c.o.b.) i e-mailed them again today with no response, The first morning i cancelled i was told the refund would be returned 12-24 hours later so when 2-3 passed i sent the second e-mail and was told they were working on it so today was one week and no response guessing i have to file a claim with paypal just not sure if it's to soon for that.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn View Post
    On the plus side, I had a great experience with WheelWorld. Very quick shipping. Hope you get things sorted out with Cambria, that just sucks.
    Man i am NOT having it easy on this build Haha got new fork mounted yesterday,cut steer tube and mounted front wheel and noticed there was some play side to side (1-2mm) which not good. I have the t/a tightened all the way so i am hoping they can send me a washer or something for the fix but have a feeling the whole lower might be bad but i was planning to lower it to 120mm any way so changing it wouldn't be a big deal - So i will be calling WheelWorld tomorrow and seeing how there c.s. is Lol

    Btw going on 2 week's and still NO refund from Cambria (CBO)

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Does yours have the 2.5mm hex bolt on the brake side of the Maxle? Tighten that a little bit, it'll make the lever harder to flip but is used to properly tension hubs and make sure that there is enough resistance in the lever to keep it from snagging open on its own.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    224
    I am also looking for a 120mm 29er fork with 15mm thru axle. If anyone has anything let me know, or if you see a deal let me know. I think it will become easier when all the 2013 Rockshox become available.

    I can get a Sid RCT3 which would be sweet but I can't drop almost $700. A Manitou Tower Pro would be an option but now they are almost $500 and knowing what they were going for a few months ago, its hard to bring myself to buy one.

    Fox was the only one making this combination for a few years and that has really killed the availability. Now there are a multitude of bike models that take a 120 and everybody is looking.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Does yours have the 2.5mm hex bolt on the brake side of the Maxle? Tighten that a little bit, it'll make the lever harder to flip but is used to properly tension hubs and make sure that there is enough resistance in the lever to keep it from snagging open on its own.
    Thanks for the tip but mine does not have the 2.5mm allen and i have tried tightening the threaded end cap all the way loose and all the way tight and in between with no luck.

    I also called WheelWorld today and the guy in charge of internet sales was a total d**k and kept asking me what i want him to do and insisted it was me doing something wrong and i would have to take to a shop near my house and since i already cut the steer tube i could not even return it which i did not want to do any way but was just hoping for a fix and want to keep the fork i had,

    Also finally got my refund from cbo after all most 2 week's

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
    I am also looking for a 120mm 29er fork with 15mm thru axle. If anyone has anything let me know, or if you see a deal let me know. I think it will become easier when all the 2013 Rockshox become available.

    I can get a Sid RCT3 which would be sweet but I can't drop almost $700. A Manitou Tower Pro would be an option but now they are almost $500 and knowing what they were going for a few months ago, its hard to bring myself to buy one.

    Fox was the only one making this combination for a few years and that has really killed the availability. Now there are a multitude of bike models that take a 120 and everybody is looking.
    One of my friends local to me in San Diego has a new in the box 120mm white straight 1 1/8 15mm Marzocchi Micro Ti 44 29er he is firm on $349. If your interested in it i will get you in touch with him. I would have bought it but already had 20mm wheels

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Thanks for the tip but mine does not have the 2.5mm allen and i have tried tightening the threaded end cap all the way loose and all the way tight and in between with no luck.

    I also called WheelWorld today and the guy in charge of internet sales was a total d**k and kept asking me what i want him to do and insisted it was me doing something wrong and i would have to take to a shop near my house and since i already cut the steer tube i could not even return it which i did not want to do any way but was just hoping for a fix and want to keep the fork i had,

    Also finally got my refund from cbo after all most 2 week's
    What kind of hub is it? Is it new? The issue might be with the bearings on your hub or the caps on the hub.
    I would try a different wheel/hub first to eliminate that as the cause of the play.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    What kind of hub is it? Is it new? The issue might be with the bearings on your hub or the caps on the hub.
    I would try a different wheel/hub first to eliminate that as the cause of the play.
    They are a new out of the box set of i23's with a wtb 20mm hub, I also tried the front wheel from a nib set of 29" Outlaws i have that i was originally going to use and they have the same issue when mounted plus i tried a 26" 20mm wheel with the same result so i know it is the fork unfortunately.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Thanks for the tip but mine does not have the 2.5mm allen and i have tried tightening the threaded end cap all the way loose and all the way tight and in between with no luck.

    I also called WheelWorld today and the guy in charge of internet sales was a total d**k and kept asking me what i want him to do and insisted it was me doing something wrong and i would have to take to a shop near my house and since i already cut the steer tube i could not even return it which i did not want to do any way but was just hoping for a fix and want to keep the fork i had,

    Also finally got my refund from cbo after all most 2 week's
    If your fork is the same as mine, the 2.5mm allen is hidden under the QR lever. My skewer was very loose out of the box, and a couple of turns of the allen bolt tighten everything right up.
    Bummer about the asshat at WW. Something I will definitely keep in mind before ordering from them again.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Try ebay
    I try about every 2 hours! Hah.

    There are some White Brothers Loops and Manitou Tower Pros out there in that configuration. I just started seeing the 2013 Sids show up and also some Reba RLT 29 120mm in qr. I hope in the next month RS will have all their 2013 stuff out.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308
    So update on my fork, Took it last week to the shop i deal with locally and the mechanic could tell something was wrong when i walked in and tried some things himself and came up with the same conclusion i had which was the lower was not right so he called Sram and after sending pictures and emailing them they decided to send a new lower which arrived today so i went to the shop at lunch and was the first to open the box and found the new lower was worse WTF ???

    So they called Sram again and the tech there quickly said we are going to replace it with a new Revelation RCT3 so even though this is kind of a pain i have other bikes and am happy with there decision and look forward to the new fork only downside is that it's white instead of black but think i can live with that.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    224

    Rockshox Reba 29 RL 120mm 15qr finally out there! and cheap.

    Rock Shox Reba RL 29" Solo Air 120 Tapered MaxleLite 15 schwarz mit Remote-Option

    $474 on Bikes Direct de. I shouldn't have been so impatient! That is a pretty good deal, and talk about lightweight.
    I ended up picking up a Tower Pro but I really would have liked black.

    Tempting to ditch the Manitou. It hasnt' shipped yet.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    544
    Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 29" Dual Air 1.5" Taper 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

    Was around $400 last week, now $475 with coupon code, but might be something worth considering as well, as it can be dropped down to 120mm.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 29" Dual Air 1.5" Taper 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

    Was around $400 last week, now $475 with coupon code, but might be something worth considering as well, as it can be dropped down to 120mm.
    I would have jumped on this a long time ago, but unfortunately it is 20mm. The 15mm 120mm is the hard to find configuration. If I could do it all over I would buy a 20mm or convertible front wheel. There were plenty of used shocks for about $300 in that config. Just none with 15mm that cheap.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BXCc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    528
    Here are two. Maybe people already know this but this seller appears to be Santa Cruz's eBay store. The descriptions say 26" wheel but the pics show FLOAT 29 on the arch. Might want to ask before bidding. One has 7" steerer and the other is 8".

    Fox Racing Shocks 2013 32 Float 120CTD Kashima 15mm QR | eBay

    Fox Racing Shocks 2013 32 Float 120CTD Taper Kashima 15mm QR | eBay

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    Here are two. Maybe people already know this but this seller appears to be Santa Cruz's eBay store. The descriptions say 26" wheel but the pics show FLOAT 29 on the arch. Might want to ask before bidding. One has 7" steerer and the other is 8".

    Fox Racing Shocks 2013 32 Float 120CTD Kashima 15mm QR | eBay

    Fox Racing Shocks 2013 32 Float 120CTD Taper Kashima 15mm QR | eBay
    Thanks. That was good info. Both of those forks did turn out to be 29ers. I confirmed this with SC. One sold for $447 and one for $565. (or close to it) What a steal! I bid on both, and I probably could have bought the first, but I already have my Manitou Tower Pro, and I really want to try it out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •