Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

23.5% off at Nashbar

Nashbar has an automatic 15% off when you put 5 items into the cart. After that, use code tka7 for another 10% off, should come to 23.5% total savings.

Sexy Mother Fakir
    Just made an order with them. I almost feel like I'm cheating Nashbar because of that promotion+coupon code.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    A good way to get five items in your cart is to put the one you really want in it an then e.g. add four of item SH-XTDW (79 cents each). I could not find anything cheaper than that, but I did not really search for a long time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

You have to watch out for double billing

After the double billing, then they came back and lost the promotional discount on my order. So it was billed at the higher cost and the one they took off of my billing was the one that had had the promotional coding. If they ever get it cleared up, I'll be happy to give them more of my business. But right now, they really should ship the d@@@ stuff to me as a gift since the time I've spent on it is worth more than the order was to begin with.

Explosive
    Thanks for the heads up, I just got what would have cost ~$225-250 at my LBS for $109 shipped. You gotta love the internet.
    [SIZE="1"]I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.[/SIZE]

EDR
    i'm not getting the 15% off when adding the 5 items...hmmm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Does this REALLY work? I put 5 items in the cart and it says 15% applied and then add the code and it only shows the 10%. Then again...I get the 15% showed applied but it doesn't show the updated total on Nashbar. I also just called nashbar and they said this doesn't work 15% off plus the 10%. Anyone actually verify it?

mtbr member
    Worked for me...

Order Information
    Items:
    QTY Product Name Item# Size Color Price Total

1 Innovations Ultraflate Plus $11.44 $11.44
    2 Panaracer Fire Xc Pro ATB Tire $15.29 $30.58
    2 Continental ATB Tube 2 $3.79 $7.57

Order Totals

Sub Total : $55.11
    Promotion: $5.51
    New Sub Total: $49.59
    Ship Total : $18.75
    Tax Total : $0.00
    Grand Total : $68.34

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebomberx
    Worked for me...

Order Information
    Items:
    QTY Product Name Item# Size Color Price Total

1 Innovations Ultraflate Plus $11.44 $11.44
    2 Panaracer Fire Xc Pro ATB Tire $15.29 $30.58
    2 Continental ATB Tube 2 $3.79 $7.57

Order Totals

Sub Total : $55.11
    Promotion: $5.51
    New Sub Total: $49.59
    Ship Total : $18.75
    Tax Total : $0.00
    Grand Total : $68.34
    where is the additional 15% savings? Am I missing something?

I see 10% (even though your items don't add up to your subtotal, I assume each individual price is already discounted 10%, which then makes sense).

no shoes no shirt no dice
    I'm not sure if the coupon code is up and running again but don't be surprised if you get an e-mail from Nashbar taking back the offer.

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from them a few months ago (alerted about them from a posting on this forum) entered CC info, address and everything else they requested. Upon completion the notice I got is that the order was good to go and would be shipped the next day. 12 hours later they e-mailed me stating the offer was not available so I was SOL.

Good luck with it as 23.5% off is a great deal. Too bad I don't need anything right now...hey maybe I doo.

mtbr member
    We'll see. I paid for next-day air so I could have some new tires my other bike. So far the order status says "will ship in 1 day". And interestingly enough, my CO2 inflator is missing from the list of items. I know it can't be shipped via air and that may be the reason.

Don't touch me!
    For the last week I've been ready to pull the trigger on a Park TS-2 truing stand, just been waiting for a super deal like this. Of course they removed it from their site Friday or Saturday, but I still scored a few things I needed. If my math is correct, I could've bought the TS-2 for $123.92 which is an insane deal even including the $16 shipping fee. The best I can find now is approx. $165 shipped. Foiled again by Performance/Nashbar!!!
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Explosive
    The 15% is taken off of each individual part. Then the 10% is added on top of mine, that is at least how it worked for me.
    [SIZE="1"]I am disgusted with the way old people are depicted on television; we are not all vibrant fun loving sex maniacs. Many of us are bitter, resentful individuals who remember the good old days, when entertainment was mild and inoffensive.[/SIZE]

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    where is the additional 15% savings? Am I missing something?

I see 10% (even though your items don't add up to your subtotal, I assume each individual price is already discounted 10%, which then makes sense).
    Go to "Your Cart" and look under your item list. There you will see "A Discount of 15% has been applied." Regular price on the Innovations UltraFlate Plus is $14.95. Everything in the cart is -15% at that point.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I've put in 2 orders this week and dang nashbar has overcharged me for both orders!!! It has been severals days and they have yet to resolve these issues. I sent customer service an irate email urging them to fix this issues since others have had the same problem. If this has also happened to you, maybe emailing customer service may help speed up the response process. Let it be known that we will not take this lying down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by needcheap
    Nashbar has an automatic 15% off when you put 5 items into the cart. After that, use code tka7 for another 10% off, should come to 23.5% total savings.
    I just placed an order and it is still up and working - I ordered 6 items in case some people might be thinkings it's for 5 items only.

After reading the original post am I not getting something? 15%+10% = 25% not 23.5%

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Boogie,
    Hopefully you don't get overcharged like I did. Check your online statement to verify. If you do make sure to email them.

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Van
    I just placed an order and it is still up and working - I ordered 6 items in case some people might be thinkings it's for 5 items only.

After reading the original post am I not getting something? 15%+10% = 25% not 23.5%
    The 15% discount is taken at the cart, then the 10% discount is taken during checkout. Say 5 items = $100 -> instant 15% discount -> $85 -> checkout + 10% coupon -> total $76.50.

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by omegadeluz77
    Boogie,
    Hopefully you don't get overcharged like I did. Check your online statement to verify. If you do make sure to email them.
    Thanks for the heads up - I just took a look and the bank has not updated their info yet. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what is says.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I sent them an email

Copied them the original order which showed the promotion discount and haven't heard anything from them. The error? hasn't been corrected. If I had double charged a customer I don't think there would be any doubt when I was made aware of it, that I would give them the lesser of the two charges for their order. DUH!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet deal, thanks for the heads up.I just ordered last week and they over charged me for one item, and charged me shipping even though my coupon was for free shipping. But I called them and they immediately took care of it. You might try calling if you have trouble as it seems to get resolved pretty quick. Hope my next order is correct...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I called first.

That was how they knew to take off one of the double billings. But then they charged me for shipping which was what my promotional code was for....still waiting to get it fixed. Glad to see they at least got it finally right on yours.

Who are the brain police?
    Nice! Just made an order and it worked
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Works for me too!

Just picked up a Manitou R7 Comp fork for $175!

Had to buy a few other things to get the deal (cleaner, lube, chain etc.), but nothing I didn't really want to buy anyway.

As someone pointed out above, the 15% discount gets automatically applied when you have five items in your cart. (Doesn't have to be 5 different things - you can order 5 of one thing, if you want.) Then the extra 10% at checkout.

Looks like the five-item/15% promotion ends today though...

XOX DOM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast