mtbr member

2012 Rockshox Sektor Coil - $180

Amazing deal, if you can live with the odd specs: Tapered steerer and 9mm QR

Sektor Coil at Competitive Cyclist

I almost bought it but need a 15mm TA. I've had the Coil U-Turn version of this fork, and while a tad heavy for some, it's a bomber fork and nearly bullet proof. Word is the solo air version is the same way.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Amazing deal, if you can live with the odd specs: Tapered steerer and 9mm QR
    that *is* odd, considering the photo shows a fork with a 1 1/8" steerer and a 20mm thru axle.

undercover brother
    Why would the steer tube be tapered and the dropouts be 9mm? You get much more strength from through bolt than you do a tapered steerer... WHY would you even manufacture these?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Why would the steer tube be tapered and the dropouts be 9mm? You get much more strength from through bolt than you do a tapered steerer... WHY would you even manufacture these?
    I'm thinking they are mixmatched parts.Maybe some leftover parts from different production runs that fit together.Anyway you look at it,I have a plan for one if they're still around when buying time is right for me.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    I'm thinking they are mixmatched parts.Maybe some leftover parts from different production runs that fit together.Anyway you look at it,I have a plan for one if they're still around when buying time is right for me.
    Its a great deal that's for sure. Especially if you are building on a budget and have a tapered frame and have a wheelset with 9mm front hub. Theres gotta be something up I can't imagine Sram manufacturing these with the intent that they would sell well. But then again, that is why they are so cheap now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Its a great deal that's for sure. Especially if you are building on a budget and have a tapered frame and have a wheelset with 9mm front hub. Theres gotta be something up I can't imagine Sram manufacturing these with the intent that they would sell well. But then again, that is why they are so cheap now.
    They just popped up at the wrong moment for me.
    One thing:if Sram wants to start creating high quality,mixmatched "franken-forks" and parts...at killer prices...I'll be down to try to keep up!
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I bought one of these from chainlove when they were 199. It's going to be used for a LT Nickel build.

I haven't installed it yet, but I hope it works out to be a decent fork.