mtbr member

2012 Rock Shox Revelation 29" RCT3 140mm -- $515

RockShox Revelation RCT3 29" 140mm Dual Air Tapered Steerer - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa

Great deal on a long-traverl 29er fork, a cheap alternative to the Fox 34.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Ordered. Thanks.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Just wanted to post a quick followup on this. Placed the order on Monday from Fanatik and got a confirmation e-mail with a link to check online order status, which is nice. I placed a bunch of orders at other places, as I'm doing a fresh ground-up build.

After nearly two days of not seeing any progress on this order, I ended up calling Fanatik this afternoon. Guess what? They can't fill my order as they have no stock. No one thought to call or e-mail to let me know. Awesome. Now I've got an entire new build en route to build on Friday, but no fork.

The gentleman on the phone did apologize and offered a 2013 replacement at a reduced price. But, wait, they don't actually have that. Wait, there is another 2012 Rev. at the distributor for $35 extra. I'll take it if it can be on my door in Arizona Friday afternoon. Nope, can't do that.

It's not the end of the world, but it does cause a scheduling snafu. Wish someone had simply sent me an e-mail that they couldn't fill my order.

mtbr member
    ha, funny. I went to that bike shop to purchase that fork, but it was white. Looking for black. Ended getting one on Pinkbike.
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"