mtbr member

2012 Rock Shox Reba 29er

Looking for a 2012 Reba 29er

Need tapered steerer, 15QR, 80/100 travel. Looks like they were blowing them out for ~$350 or less in late fall/early December.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Your a few days late. Merlin Cycles was blowing them out for 343.00 shipped last week.

Rockshox Reba RLT 29er 2012 | Rockshox Suspension Forks | Merlin Cycles

I have never ordered anything from England before, but Merlin was quick to ship. Fork shipped yesterday and I will have it tomorrow.

I would keep a eye on them in case they get some more in stock.

mtbr member
    Looks like there's still plenty of decent stuff left including 2013 models. I'm curious to see how you do. If you think of it PM me on how it works out. Thanks for pointing it out

Bob

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerSPE View Post
    Your a few days late. Merlin Cycles was blowing them out for 343.00 shipped last week.

Rockshox Reba RLT 29er 2012 | Rockshox Suspension Forks | Merlin Cycles

I have never ordered anything from England before, but Merlin was quick to ship. Fork shipped yesterday and I will have it tomorrow.

I would keep a eye on them in case they get some more in stock.
    I ordered from them (2012 Reba RLT 29er fork)....

No issues and very fast shipping!

I would do it again....

mtbr member
    OEM model I assume?

It's carbon dontcha know.
    In 2011 they were available in 20mm
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande View Post
    OEM model I assume?
    Not sure... It was not in it's original box, but the steer tube was full length and uncut....

Not a mark on the fork anywhere..... Also came with the booklet and a refresh kit (seals, spacers, and what-not)...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I Just got mine. It's OEM but in otherwise excellent condition. I did not get a spacer or seal kit with mine.

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    I picked up a 2011 Reba on Amazon for 329.00 a couple of weeks ago. Not your traditional place to look, but always worth a shot.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just a notification that Merlin Cycles has the 100mm, Tapered, 15mm ta Reba back in stock. Just ordered one 364 after 10% online discount.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    I just a notification that Merlin Cycles has the 100mm, Tapered, 15mm ta Reba back in stock. Just ordered one 364 after 10% online discount.
    Mole
    I got that notification too and when I went to order it was out of stock again. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for this thread. I'm on Merlin's email list for s 100mm fork w taper and 15mm.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I gota say thanks too. I left work early Friday and was able to place my order 2 hrs after Merlin sent me the notification so it looks like I got lucky.
    Mole

mtbr member
    I landed one on eBay. "crosslakesales" is moving about one a day. I did get mine for a better price than Merlin fwiw. OEM model. Fast shipping. Well packaged.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande View Post
    I landed one on eBay. "crosslakesales" is moving about one a day. I did get mine for a better price than Merlin fwiw. OEM model. Fast shipping. Well packaged.
    Glad to hear you got your fork. I'm still waiting on mine though through no fault from Merlin. Order placed Friday < processed and shipped on Monday from UK < arrived Phoenix, AZ UPS hub Tuesday night < Driver at my door 6:40 pm Wednesday with package but requests $54.30 brokerage fee payable by cashiers check or money order only. Leaves a slip instructing me to make payment payable to the sender. I e-mail Merlin customer service about this and they quickly reply that it's probably a duty charge but have no idea why UPS wants their name on the payment. I call UPS customer service and they say it's a combination of duty and a small brokerage fee and should be payable to UPS and that the driver will return tomorrow. < Thursday give up waiting at about 8:00 pm and check tracking on my computer. Driver couldn't find my house and was requesting a Apt. #. I call UPS customer service again to inform them I don't live in an apartment and that they somehow found my house the night before and that I don't expect them to count this as a delivery atempt. Promised delivery the next day. < Even though UPS comes through my neighborhood like clockwork between 5 & 7 pm, Friday they make delivery attempt @ 3:10 pm, 10 minutes before I arrive home from work. < I give up - go online and change my delivery status to customer pick-up. Will try to get my stuff next Monday. I guess maybe I wasn"t the lucky one but I wanted to let those of you doing Merlin orders from the U.S. know that there my be extra charges upon delivery. I'm still happy with the Merlin part of my order. I hope the next time the shipping part will go more smoothly.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Glad to hear you got your fork. I'm still waiting on mine though through no fault from Merlin. Order placed Friday < processed and shipped on Monday from UK < arrived Phoenix, AZ UPS hub Tuesday night < Driver at my door 6:40 pm Wednesday with package but requests $54.30 brokerage fee payable by cashiers check or money order only. Leaves a slip instructing me to make payment payable to the sender. I e-mail Merlin customer service about this and they quickly reply that it's probably a duty charge but have no idea why UPS wants their name on the payment. I call UPS customer service and they say it's a combination of duty and a small brokerage fee and should be payable to UPS and that the driver will return tomorrow. < Thursday give up waiting at about 8:00 pm and check tracking on my computer. Driver couldn't find my house and was requesting a Apt. #. I call UPS customer service again to inform them I don't live in an apartment and that they somehow found my house the night before and that I don't expect them to count this as a delivery atempt. Promised delivery the next day. < Even though UPS comes through my neighborhood like clockwork between 5 & 7 pm, Friday they make delivery attempt @ 3:10 pm, 10 minutes before I arrive home from work. < I give up - go online and change my delivery status to customer pick-up. Will try to get my stuff next Monday. I guess maybe I wasn"t the lucky one but I wanted to let those of you doing Merlin orders from the U.S. know that there my be extra charges upon delivery. I'm still happy with the Merlin part of my order. I hope the next time the shipping part will go more smoothly.
    Mole

That's crazy. I did not need to pay any sort of duty or brokerage on my fork. Mine was shipped 3 day air. Avoid UPS and Fedex for any international purchase they both charge outrages brokerage fees. USPS does not charge a brokerage fee.

mtbr member
    Yikes $54 is tough to swallow. I've heard of guys having to pay duties on this but I never have and I have ordered from Ribble (in UK) and totalcycling (in Ireland) many times. Good luck dude.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I did some research and UPS even charges this fee when items are shipped from Canada. So be wary with Ebay purchases as well. I've never had a problem with any international orders even those shipped from china.

mtbr member
    I did some research and UPS even charges this fee

thanks for that. I'll take note. In the future I will check with the retailer and ask how they ship. Like I wrote I often use Ribble Cycles in the UK (they have awesome prices on Shimano, road tires, tubes, etc). They ship Parcel Post who hands off to DHL. DHL does note collect fees.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I should get my parts tomorrow and factoring in the brokerage fee I'm still happy with the price I paid. What I didn't like was that it was a suprise and that because of the UPS payment restrictions there was no way that I could take posession of my shipment on the first delivery attempt. When I go to pick up the fork and other parts I'm going to find out if there is any way I can get the brokerage charge before UPS shows up at my door. I'll post what they tell me.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I should get my parts tomorrow and factoring in the brokerage fee I'm still happy with the price I paid. What I didn't like was that it was a suprise and that because of the UPS payment restrictions there was no way that I could take posession of my shipment on the first delivery attempt. When I go to pick up the fork and other parts I'm going to find out if there is any way I can get the brokerage charge before UPS shows up at my door. I'll post what they tell me.
    Mole
    It's a common complaint. If it's shipped by air you usually avoid the fee since it's already built into the price.

Apparently I'm not out of the woods yet either. If they don't collect at the door they will send you a bill or just send you straight to collections.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well I finally got my Reba today. It didn't come in the original box but shows no signs of ever having a bearing race or star-nut installed and has a 10.5 in uncut steerer tube. The other things I ordered all matched their product descriptions exactly and I have to give Merlin an A+ rating on delivering what they promised. My problems with UPS continued today. There are several distribution centers in the Phoenix area so I called UPS customer service to verify where the package was being held. They gave me the location address but something didn't sound right to me so I asked them to verify the address they had given me, which they did. Got off the phone and googled UPS distribution centers which showed the address with one small difference, they said 31st street when in fact it was 31st avenue. Small error that would have turned a 20 mi. roundtrip pichup into a 34 mi. wild goose chase. Glad I double checked them. They also provided no solution to knowing how much the brokerage fee will be until they show up at your door on the first delivery attempt. While they got me the package eventually I'm giving them a D- on job performance.
    Mole