mtbr member
    Sep 2008

20% off at performance 8/1&2

just got an email from them....

if the store will price match the website will they also give the 20percent?

that would make the 520 shimanos $36 plus an additional $3.60 on my club card to spend....

sean.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Google the path bike shop..... you can get new 520's for 23 bucks

tl1
    Bicyclist

Same company as Nashbar

A lot of people still don't know this fact. They both are horrible. Don't support them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    A lot of people still don't know this fact. They both are horrible. Don't support them.
    One reason people may not know this so called "fact" is because they have not had horrible experiences in dealing with Nashbar. Other than the whole recent CC mess up (which personally I think is more the fault of hackers rather than Nashbar) I've had nothing but good experiences. I don't know what the consensus is on this board for bad experiences with Nashbar, but mine have been positive.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I ordered shoes from Nashbar over a week ago and am still waiting for it to get shipped. I would have received them by now from Jenson or Pricepoint.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    No 20% on pricematch items.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I just bought a road bike today at the big performance sale. It was a fuji listed at $1300, marked down to $999 plus another 20% off made it $800. I was looking at giants, cannondales and specializeds earlier in the day and I would have had to pay $1100 to get the same spec I got on the fuji.

Did I need to spend an hour an a half correctly adjusting the entire bike when I got home? Yeah.. of course. But I knew this would happen and luckily I know what I'm doing unlike most of their customers.

In the store all the 09 bikes, all of the clothing, and most of the tools, car racks and other non-componentry was already marked down lower than the web site pricing - then with the additional 20% off there are some great deals.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    My buddy is going back tomorrow to get this Gt avalance pro 29er. Pretty nice spec for $1500, all XT.

http://www.performancebike.com/webap...00_20000_23003

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    picked up my scattante titanium cross frame that's made by lynskey for $800 today. plus the 10% back from the team card thing.

Lindsay

Nashbar fyi...

I just received a letter from Nashbar dated 7-24-09.."We regret to inform you, that our previous website servers were recently subject of an illegal attack that allowed unknown persons to obtain the names , addresses , email addresses, web account passowrd and credit or debit card information of some of our valued customers, even though such information was encrypted.

30% coupon attached. lol.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Went back yesterday and got the wife a nice little road bike for $500. It was in even worse "tune" when we got home then the one I bought for myself. Had to take the rear wheel down to no tension and pretty much re-build it. But, it was still a good deal for the level of bike that she got.

The only reason i bring this up is because my credit card company called me and asked if it was actually me spending all that money over two days. I said "apparently this company has some card issues, but yes, its actually me."

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    I wasn't able to get to PB over the weekend, and they raised the price by $40 on a bike I wanted.