mtbr member
    Oct 2004

20% off Nashbar.

Use code: web792.

It pisses me off though. 2 days ago I ordered a Park HHP-2 Bearing Press for $107.95. It hasn't even been delivered yet. So I called and asked if they'd give me the 20% off to make it $86.36. The answer was a flat NO.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Cancel your order and reorder. I bet it hasn't been shipped yet. Each time I order from nashbar it takes 2 weeks to get here.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Cancel your order and reorder. I bet it hasn't been shipped yet. Each time I order from nashbar it takes 2 weeks to get here.

_MK
    I paid $4 extra for 2 day shipping and it just came about 10 minutes ago. So much for canceling the order. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Fireball in the Night

Here's the coupon I just rec'd too.

everyone drives a Used Car

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Well, it looks like I found a reason to finally buy this:
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...Subcat:%20Kits

That makes it $80 for this tool kit.
    Hell I'd pay $20 for that nifty pocket multi-tool that comes with it.

anyone else smell that?
    hmmm. $230 and some change + shipping for that reynolds frame.....pretty tempting.

Fireball in the Night

EXP sunday 29OCT06

This should be the last time that I shill for Nashbar, as I'm not an employee - nor do I buy much from them. I simply receive their emails and want to share the knowledge.

everyone drives a Used Car

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I wish I had known they shipped by pony express or I would have paid for expedited shipping. I ordered a jacket (which I really could use right now) 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen it. I called and they said it takes 7-12 business days. I wouldn't buy from them if I could find the product somewhere else.

Blanco
    Nov 2004
    They've really gone downhill since Performance bought them.

Plus now they have to charge sales tax in every state. Smart move, Performance: you just made everything cost 7-9% more!

You know a store sucks when it makes you miss Supergo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballo
    Plus now they have to charge sales tax in every state. Smart move, Performance: you just made everything cost 7-9% more!
    Not every state, just states where Performance operates retail stores.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I feel your pain

I had the same issue with an order. The bad thing about it, their shipping selector says "ground" which most rational people would assume is UPS or FEDEX ground. When I emailed them why they dont post approximate shippin times, they ho humed around it and said they would pass my complaint onto the people who do their web design. They have great prices, but maybe before people order, they should call and ask about shipping times.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Nice. 2 weeks ago I missed this by 5 minutes. I had the light I wanted in the cart and I was perusing the site looking to fill up the shipping box a bit. Didn't know it was going to expire, and when I went to check out it had already expired.