reading comprehension wat

20% off full-price of any* single item at Backcountry and REI through Apr 7

Backcountry Code SAVE20

• Discounts not valid on bicycles, bike frames, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, GPS units, personal locator beacons, avalanche airbag packs, skis, ski boots, ski bindings, snowboards, snowboard boots, snowboard bindings, fly fishing gear, or gift certificates.
    • Discounts not valid on products from Asics, Babici, Burton, Capo, CW-X, Garmin, Giordana, GoPro, Hestra, Marmot, MontBell, Mountain Hardwear, MSR, New Balance, Nixon, Packtowl, Platypus, Saucony, SealLine, Sidi, Therm-a-Rest, Thule, Tracks, Western Mountaineering, Yakima

REI (and REI-outlet) Code MEM2013 (need to be a member or pay $20 to be one)

• Offer valid on Novara bicycles only; all other bicycle brands are excluded.
    • Discounts not valid on hardshell boats, stand up paddleboards, any item with GPS technology, personal locator beacons, avalanche airbag packs, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings.

SRAM XX1 anyone, maybe?
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    awesome, just used the code for Backcountry. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Sweet. Been holding out for the new osprey raptor 10 to drop below $100.

Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post
    Sweet. Been holding out for the new osprey raptor 10 to drop below $100.
    That's a very nice pack! Good idea for the use of the coupon! Osprey Packs Raptor 10 Hydration Pack - 610cu in | Backcountry.com
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post
    That's a very nice pack! Good idea for the use of the coupon! Osprey Packs Raptor 10 Hydration Pack - 610cu in | Backcountry.com
    yes, excellent idea. Raptor 14 scored. Along with discover card rewards that's another 10% coming back at me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Man backcountry ships quick. My raptor is already here and just ordered it yesterday using the free 3-10 day shipping lol. The screaming green is sweet looking, darker green in person than it comes off as in pics.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The screaming green is sweet looking, darker green in person than it comes off as in pics.
    Nice! Got any pics? I ordered green too but only had the marketing/retail/web pictures to go by.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    No and I'm not sure it would come off any different than the other pics online hehe. Its more olive green than nuclear fallout green. Actually after looking at some google images it almost looks like they have two greens, maybe one was a pre-production green or something.

That is the color I remember seeing when these things were first coming out but now everybody is showing the darker olive green.

like that

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    No and I'm not sure it would come off any different than the other pics online hehe. Its more olive green than nuclear fallout green. Actually after looking at some google images it almost looks like they have two greens, maybe one was a pre-production green or something.

That is the color I remember seeing when these things were first coming out but now everybody is showing the darker olive green.

like that
    Thanks - I 'm figuring the 2nd pic is more accurate. Even some of the web pics of the nuclear looking green correct themselves when clicked on and enlarged.

mtbr member
    Order my black Raptor 10 yesterday. Looks like a great pack and the tool pouch sold the deal.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

Coupon works on Chris King stuff too, if people want American precisely crafted stuff that's made to last. Does CK stuff ever go on sale?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post
    Does CK stuff ever go on sale?
    Not that I know of. Unfortunately, Backcountry only sells what is in stock and they won't back order. That means no 36-hole CK hubs.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Thanks, picked up a RS Rev RCT3 for 515 from backcountry.

Works on the Troy Lee Designs A1 Helmet. $131 for the Black (10 in stock) and $148 for the limited edition Gold (15 in stock). Comes in M/L. Tried this on and it hugged my head so nicely! I normally go for helmets sized for 56mm, but I often wear something to soak up sweat underneath, and this fit really well.

Enve doesn't really go on sale either. If only they had their wider bars and other stuff in stock.

two wheel whore
    FYI, if you use ebates, that's an extra 10% off, for a total of 30%.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    FYI, if you use ebates, that's an extra 10% off, for a total of 30%.
    Can you explain how this works?

two wheel whore
    Sign up for ebates, just click on BackCountry through their site to get 10%. Usually it's 5%, but I think for this week it's 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mailloux View Post
    Can you explain how this works?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Sign up for ebates, just click on BackCountry through their site to get 10%. Usually it's 5%, but I think for this week it's 10.

Nice, thanks!

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    FYI if you have BofA (credit or debit) and don't want to have to deal with ebates, you can try to get 8% cash back on bc via the add it up website. Says you may not be eligible if you use a coupon, but I think ebates is the same policy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    hmm, the code no longer works. any more codes?