Thread: 20% Off Amazon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

20% Off Amazon

Amazon is giving 20% off anything in Sports and Outdoors if you use the Amazon Visa. Promo Code: JULGET20

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I tried, didnt work for an XT rotor sold by amazon. What does it work on?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    This is the link

Amazon.com Message

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    And a good deal because Amazon seems to have the best prices on Shimano of any mail-order bike shops.

mtbr member
    Only for Amazon.com Rewards Visa card members. If you don't have one may be worth it, but I would only get in big-ger trouble. I'm already a prime member, so you see the suck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yeah got xt i spec shifters for 100. Cant beat these kinds of deals. Only good up to 200 worth of discount. Only for Amazon Reward Visa

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Applied for their Visa and bought the Kuat NV = $385 shipped. Was going to buy the 1up but can't beat this price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I used to get a yakima frontloader and a few other things. Already had a card and prime so they get lots of my money.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I don't think it's really worth touch your credit unless the payoff is over $150 for me personally. Unless you really do want an amazon credit card.

If you look in a finance forum, there are offers wehre you sign up for a credit card and you can get $100+ back.
    Last edited by bob13bob; 07-13-2012 at 01:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
    I don't think it's really worth touch your credit unless the payoff is over $150 for me personally. Unless you really want an amazon credit card If you look in a finance forum, there are offers wehre you sign up for a credit card and you can get $100 back.
    Years ago I got the Amazon card when they were offering a $200 credit for opening the account. Since then I've steered a lot of my buying to Amazon ... no sales tax in CA (soon to end), and free Prime through a variety of offers (also soon to end), and 3% back on Amazon purchases (and then tiered % back on other purchases like gas and dining, though it comes back as an Amazon credit rather than cash).

Once they start collecting sales tax for CA, unless they compensate by dropping prices, I'll probably cut back on the spend.

They do offer the Visa card holders some pretty awesome deals occasionally though, and I'll keep the card at least for that ... Christmas/end of the year before last (late 2010?), they let you buy Amazon gift cards for a 10% discount (up to $2k), and you got the 3% back on the Visa as well, so it was an easy 13% off for purchases I knew I'd make over the next few months. They may have done similar offers since, but a lot of times I ignore the emails as junk.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    @ anotherbrian. Yep, that's what i'm talking about. You got $200 and you got a visa card you actually want to use.

There are other cards for amazon though. If I can recall correctly, Citi card gives 5% back on bookstore purchases and amazon counts. 5% pretty huge. Of course check with finance forums before touching credit.