mtbr member
    Mar 2005

15" f/s frame...

I am looking for a 15" full sus. xc or trail frame, Everything on ebay is crazy priced, I can't believe the prices on some of the bikes and parts on there, anyway this will be something I will build for my wife, she rides a trek 820 now and I would like to give her the gift of plushness for Christmas...
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Jamis... think Jenson is the usual clearout place for 'em.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

carpe diem
    Jan 2004
    Check you PM.

mmm
    keep checking ebay. i just saw a sized small 2006 stumpy 120 frame end at 511.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I missed a "new" raleigh ram 1.0 that went for $200, my comp lagged out as I was placing my bid with less than 10 seconds left on the auction.
    thats what I get for doing the old manual snipe... clean bike, had been a demo with very few rides...
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

The best deal in town is right in front of you!

Don't pass it up!

Here's how it works:

Honey I wanted to build you up a FS bike for Christmas but there's no way I could do it as a surprise so...
    Let's go look at Titus XS, and Santa Cruz make a women's specific and any others that you might like.
    Spare no expense Babydoll whatever you want, I'm just so stoked you're riding.

This is a long term investment that will pay off in many ways.
    She gets a great ride (you da man!)
    She'll want to step up the MTB scene by going to places to ride like Moab, Whistler, Costa Rica, etc.(point being you get to go to)
    The MTB budget will become the priority budget. "honey, you bought me that so cool wheelset, and you can tell the difference in quality, why don't you get you those Chris Kings you've been wanting.

The possibilities are ENDLESS!

There's a natural law that says you can get anything you want as long as it's a *bit* less than you're wife has.

forget eBay and closeouts, don't go cheap on this one. Give her ANYTHING she wants!

...work it!
    Good Luck
    The Delta of the Coefficient of Expansion is great enough to negate any rule short of Transient Equilibrium.

goes well with tea
    Aug 2006
    I'm sure she'll fall for that one.

Rikinaz is on to something though. A bike that doesn't fit just right is no good, and one that does will definitely do wonders to your wife's enjoyment of the sport. The fact that you are looking for a 15'' FS makes me think she is not very tall. Women's specific geometry is definitely something to consider, because even a 15'' men's frame might not fit her too well depending on how long her legs vs. torso is. I would go to a bike shop that knows what they are doing, and have someone fit her. Not sure if you were intending this to be a surprise, but if you are, it's definitely a risky situation. The bike you find may not fit.... I don't think anyone should buy a bike they haven't test ridden.

Unfortunately this is a more expensive route to go, but you typically (only) get what you paid for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It depends on her sizing. Just keep in mind that a titus racer x costs $1400 for the frame alone. The juliana is much less and a decent value.

For a great value check out the Iron horse azure 15" The top tubes are on the shortish side and there is a ton of standover. 3.5" of rear travel -XC frame. Closeout 2005 frames are identical to the 2006/2007 frames, just with older components. (http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.55/.f)

You can buy the full bike and part out what you don't use as new on ebay and take advantage of those 'crazy' prices.
    My training BLOG

training BLOG for a regular joe Married w/ children, Full time Job, No Genetic talent, wanna-be mountain bike racer

Morris Training Primer