Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

10% off Rockshox at Merlin Cycles... Pike 29er for $742

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  cmeride 
#1 ·
Probably one of the better deals on a Pike at the moment. Around $740 or so shipped for the 29er model. The 650b isn't that far off.

#2 ·
Great. Had a sort of agreement with my LBS to get me a Pike, and he said that he could probably do the price I was looking for, so I wanted to see if he was cool with me taking advantage of this offer instead. And he was, but now they're out of stock on the 140mm ones.

You snooze, you lose.

#6 ·
There was nothing on the packing slip or box label to indicate offset, but I'm assuming it's a 46mm. I would assume that those wouldn't have any mention on the packaging, but the 51mm ones would have some indication on the product label. Although there is a second barcode next to the UPC that has the number 51T32175333, but not sure if the 51 actually means something. Anyone with a 51mm offset fork care to jump in?

Impressed with the service though. I ordered this around 8:30-9:00PM Sunday night, and it was outside my door, in the middle of a snowstorm, on Thursday when I got home. From the UK.

#9 ·
Funny, mine's gonna go on a newer air-formed alloy RIP 9. Steering on the ones I test rode felt plenty quick to me, but they also were probably with 120mm forks. Going with the 140 should slacken the head angle off by a full degree, so maybe the steering might end up being a bit slower.

Can't knock the price with that extra 10% off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.