Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is dang happy!

1.5 tapered Fox 120mm QR $250

If you have a 44mm integrated headset you can get a adapter to make this work on your bike. At competivecyclist. $10 shipping to me.

Wish I had a frame for this.

Looks like it is gone... just scored a fox 36 for $200 off craigslist!
    Last edited by Mr. Doom; 07-24-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    sold out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    sold out
    look harder, I just bought one...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002maniac View Post
    look harder, I just bought one...
    Yeah, it is still there.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/pr...269.535.0.html

mtbr member
    May 2010
    never mind
    Last edited by Matic Cycle; 07-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.

mtbr member
    i need one of these in 100mm, 120 would be to much for my HT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    i need one of these in 100mm, 120 would be to much for my HT.
    Same here...my frame came with a 100mm, so I'm assuming it's been engineered around that.

mtbr member
    Fox float forks can easily be reduced internally via spacers:

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=87593

A 120mm fork can be converted to 100mm or a 140mm to 120mm (or even 100mm) with the proper spacers. Any decent bike shop should be able to do this for a relatively small charge.

Looks like that fork is sold out again, but don't hesitate to snag a Float 120 or 140 if all you need is 100mm. And most bikes that originally shipped with a 100mm fork will work pretty well with a 120mm. Once you include sag, the difference between these two would be about 3/4" and slightly less than 1 degree in head angle. The bike will descend a little easier while climbing may take a little more weight over the front wheel to keep it from lofting or wandering.

Cheers,

MTBmoose

mtbr member
    I'm still kicking myself for dithering all day over that 100mm model with 1 1/8" steer tube that Competitive had on sale for $400. By the time I went back in the evening to buy, I had missed my shot. I've the frame. I've the parts. The frame color would go perfectly with a white fork. I let the best Fox deal in a long time slip right through my fingers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBmoose View Post
    Fox float forks can easily be reduced internally via spacers:

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=87593

A 120mm fork can be converted to 100mm or a 140mm to 120mm (or even 100mm) with the proper spacers. Any decent bike shop should be able to do this for a relatively small charge.

Looks like that fork is sold out again, but don't hesitate to snag a Float 120 or 140 if all you need is 100mm. And most bikes that originally shipped with a 100mm fork will work pretty well with a 120mm. Once you include sag, the difference between these two would be about 3/4" and slightly less than 1 degree in head angle. The bike will descend a little easier while climbing may take a little more weight over the front wheel to keep it from lofting or wandering.

Cheers,

MTBmoose
    Thanks for the info MTBmoose...I haven't bought a MTB in a very long time, so now I'll be on the hunt for a 120mm form as a compromise.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I'm still kicking myself for dithering all day over that 100mm model with 1 1/8" steer tube that Competitive had on sale for $400. By the time I went back in the evening to buy, I had missed my shot. I've the frame. I've the parts. The frame color would go perfectly with a white fork. I let the best Fox deal in a long time slip right through my fingers.
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I had the float 120 in my cart and was going to wait until the morning because I already have 2012 Talas RLC Fit on order. I woke up thinking, "Man, I usually ride at 120, so this would be perfect and I can just cancel the other order that is 3x more."

It was gone when I went to go pay

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I picked up the "32 F120 FIT RLC TAPERED QR - 2010 / FOX246Q" for $249 on Wednesday from CC. Figured it was too good of a deal on a new RLC fork. But turns out the frame I wanted, Intense Spider 2 is not tapered. Seems like not too many frames are available tapered in 120.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Wait it was an RLC? Oh dang that's an incredible deal. I'm building up a frame, and I suppose I could make it a tapered head tube (but it'd be a bit more trouble) if someone has one of them they don't want...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkston32 View Post
    Wait it was an RLC? Oh dang that's an incredible deal. I'm building up a frame, and I suppose I could make it a tapered head tube (but it'd be a bit more trouble) if someone has one of them they don't want...
    Actually I think the first one was a 2011 RL and I skipped on that one. Later at night I saw a 2010 RLC pop up and pulled the trigger. Right after I placed the order it was out of stock. Should be here Tuesday.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice call!

I'll probably end up with a used Reba or something like that, which I suppose is good enough for me.

I gotta start monitoring Competitive. They have decent deals in email newsletters, but of course the best deals are unannounced. I noticed the $250 RL in the email. Nothing about the RLC.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Whoa.. that was a good deal.... I have one new 100mm for sale if anyone is interested but I can't go THAT low...
    www.sebastcycling.com

2011 Jamis Dakar XCR team
    2011 Jamis Dakota DXC Team
    2010 Jamis Xenith SL Team

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Shock related question, but a not a Fox one. Is the RockShox Tora SL any good? I have a local selling trying to sell me a one month old 2010 Rock Shox Tora SL for $80.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBrown View Post
    Shock related question, but a not a Fox one. Is the RockShox Tora SL any good? I have a local selling trying to sell me a one month old 2010 Rock Shox Tora SL for $80.
    For $80, it's a very good deal if the fork wasn't beat to crap.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've been researching that sorta stuff. Uh no, it's terrible. In fact you should send it to me so I can quantitatively prove just how terrible it is through trail testing.

At that price, it's most likely just a coil fork but they're better than Dart forks and an great value at that price. If it's the solo air, then you also get some adjustability from an air spring and a killer deal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    For $80, it's a very good deal if the fork wasn't beat to crap.
    Thanks for the quick reply. From the pics, it looks basically brand new, but I'll know when I take a look at it in person...guess I'll replace the SR Suntour SF11-XCT-V3-MLO finally.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBrown View Post
    if its the solo air one, I'd get it for that price. if its the coil version, pass.

FKA Malibu412
    if its the solo air one, I'd get it for that price. if its the coil version, pass.
    Why? Even a coil Tora for $80 is a very good deal and a decent fork. I've been beating on a coil Tora TK 29er on my SS all summer and it's still working as new. I ride with another guy who has had his 26" model for about the same amount of time with a lot of miles and quite a few races on it with the same results: still smooth and functioning nicely. Sure it's slightly heavier than the solo air and not as tune-able, but for $80, sheesh. I'd buy 2 more if I could get them at that price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Looks like the 2011 F120 RL is back for $249
    http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...&MODE=SPECIALS

Not as good as my 2010 RLC for $250 I got there :P but it's definitely not bad.

mtbr member
    Tapered steerer on that CC Fox Fork deal...in case anyone was wondering. Screaming deal if that's what you need.

MTBmoose

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBmoose View Post
    Tapered steerer on that CC Fox Fork deal...in case anyone was wondering. Screaming deal if that's what you need.

MTBmoose
    Available with a straight 1 1/8th also. Yes, ssssssmoking deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast