mtbr member
    Jan 2004

$999 Reynolds carbon 29er wheelset

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    At almost 1800gm those are almost two pounds heavier than the Easton XC 29er Wheels, same weight as $400 Fulcrums alloy rim wheels. $999 is a lot to pay for no benefit IMO.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I thought they weighed 1640 grams? I bet they are stiff buggers and a great deal. What is not to like?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If anyone is wondering, the Eastons weigh in at 1.25 courics while the Reynolds wheels weigh in at just under 1.5 courics.
    The eastons can be had for $250 more - for a nearly 10 oz. savings, or about $25 an ounce.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdvig View Post
    At almost 1800gm those are almost two pounds heavier than the Easton XC 29er Wheels, same weight as $400 Fulcrums alloy rim wheels. $999 is a lot to pay for no benefit IMO.
    2 lbs heavier than Easton XC 29ers?

Someone have a hard time in math?

bog
    mtbr member
    I have a pair arriving tomorrow for my Tallboy C. Should be a bomber stiff and relatively lightweight set of wheels! On top of they, they're pretty much future proof with various axle options and even the ability to rebuild the rims on different hubs (standard J-bend spokes).
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    A LBS had one set of the wheels identical to the CC set. They sold it for $700!!! I don't know if it was a rep's sample set or what, but for some reason many places are blowing these wheels out.

Performance Bike will price match if you're a member and want 10% back.