mtbr member
    Aug 2006

$99 dollar shock sale at Santa Cruz Bikes

First post!

Not sure if this is a repost, but while looking for a new shock I came across this: http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/cat...x.php?cPath=71

Ordered mine on a Thursday, got it Monday morning using 3-Day Select shipping.

Scito te ipsum
    Holy deal! Manitou Swinger 6-Way $99!

Luddite technophile
    I ordered three (for three different bikes) aboout a week ago. Arrived a few days later. Fantastic price for a backup shock.

Scito te ipsum
    Looks like the flood's starting on the Bay. Wish they had my size...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    How do you guys measure your shocks? I've got the E-E thing down, mine is about 7 3/4 to about 7.875. Is the stroke an exact amount on the shaft? (coil style) Mine looks about 1.75.

My point is they have a 7.875 with a 2.25 stroke air shock.

noob
    Jan 2006
    holy unexpected upgrade Batman!
    The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing more helpess and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an either binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon...

Fireball in the Night
    ... and which is the best shock for the Blur? I know, I know. I'm just asking for the 10s or 100s of people that read this and don't already know.
    everyone drives a Used Car

OldTeen
    Jun 2004
    Anyone know if Answer will warranty these Swinger Air shocks?
    There is no contact info listed for the Santa Cruz webstore on their website.

mtbr member

Giant VT?

Will any of these work on a Giant VT?
    "On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

anyone else smell that?
    my guess is you'd need to measure your old shock and find one there that had the same eye to eye measurement.

mtbr member
    I bought the 5th element air for my K2 and I'm pretty sure this is the best upgrade deal going

mtbr member
    Does anyone on here have experience with the Swinger 3-way Air? I'm looking at the 7.875" x 2.0" version for my Kona Kikapu and my wife's Kona Kikapu Deluxe as an upgrade to our standard Fox Float (non-R) shocks.

ouch
    the kikapus have a 6.5" eye to eye with a 1.5" stroke per the manual

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spero
    the kikapus have a 6.5" eye to eye with a 1.5" stroke per the manual
    That may have been true on the 2004 and earlier bikes, but in 2005 the frames changed slightly in both front and rear triangles as well as shock length. Here's the Frame Suspension Detail files for all models:

2004 (scroll down to page 10 of 10):
    http://www.konaworld.com/tech/pdfs/2004tech.pdf

2005:
    http://www.konaworld.com/tech/techni...detail_000.xls

2006:
    http://www.konaworld.com/tech/techni...suspension.xls

My 2005 Kikapu and my wife's 2006 Kikapu Deluxe use the same 7.875" x 2.0" Fox Float as standard equipment. This would certainly be an upgrade for both of us, but my question still stands. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with this shock? Should I buy a couple or spend more to get a Float R/L, RP3, RP2, RP23, Cane Creek Cloud Nine, RockShox Pearl or other shox instead?
    Last edited by hallin222; 11-03-2006 at 02:11 PM.

I already rode that
    For a lil more just get your current fox shocks Pushed. Or if uneasy about having total platform get the Fox RP23.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    For a lil more just get your current fox shocks Pushed. Or if uneasy about having total platform get the Fox RP23.
    What exactly can PUSH do with a standard Float? This shock doesn't even have any rebound adjust. I guess I just tell them my weight, riding style/terrain, rocker ratio of my frame's rear suspension design and they just run with it?

Also, if I just buy a new shock, I have no down time while it's in the mail, and I have a backup should one ever fail on me. I guess I've pretty much sold myself on the idea of buying the $99 3-Way. Now the question is, should I get one for Amy too?

I already rode that
    The backup shock is a nice thing to have just incase. I got a backup shock for my old bike but then I really didnt need it and got it for the platform damping on it (float r w/propedal) which seemed to improve the ride somewhat.

I was assuming you meant you had a Flaot R, as I didnt think FOX made the Float anymore...

Email PUSH and ask them your questions weather they can improve that shock or not, but then again since it doesnt have that rebound adjuster I dont think it would be worth it unless they know about it better.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

rust never sleeps
    Quote Originally Posted by hallin222
    Does anyone on here have experience with the Swinger 3-way Air? I'm looking at the 7.875" x 2.0" version for my Kona Kikapu and my wife's Kona Kikapu Deluxe as an upgrade to our standard Fox Float (non-R) shocks.
    I have a 06 Prophet that came with the Swinger 3-way. I'm diggin' it. SPV setting, rebound adjuster. All valves are easy to reach. Black color matches everything.
    And you've got plenty of 3-way jokes to use with the wife.

Team Cspine

I'll help you decide...

Quote Originally Posted by hallin222
    What exactly can PUSH do with a standard Float? This shock doesn't even have any rebound adjust. I guess I just tell them my weight, riding style/terrain, rocker ratio of my frame's rear suspension design and they just run with it?

Also, if I just buy a new shock, I have no down time while it's in the mail, and I have a backup should one ever fail on me. I guess I've pretty much sold myself on the idea of buying the $99 3-Way. Now the question is, should I get one for Amy too?
    I just ordered mine for the Kikapu!

Still interested in that coil Ian?
    Sorry what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob
    I just ordered mine for the Kikapu!

Still interested in that coil Ian?
    Nice. I told my wife that I was going to get one and she said, "NO, don't do that!" I asked, "well, can I at least get you one?" "Nope", she said. "Don't buy any".

I think she bought us each one for Christmas. What a gal!

No, Bob. I don't need that spring right now. I just bought myself a 2007 Reba Race instead of the Minute. I'll let you know if I ever do get one and can use that heavy spring of yours. Thanks.