mtbr member

$155 for new Sidis

Competitive Cyclist has all Sidis for $155.95 for today. Sidi doesnt allow their product to participate in sales so this is a rarity.

Sidi Men's Shoes - Competitive Cyclist
    Women's Shoes - Competitive Cyclist

Who is John Galt?
    Just ordered a set. Been lusting for these for years and never seen tim under $200. Everyone is doing a sale on Sidi's right now, very few have my size (49) and no one is this cheap.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That price puts those Sidi models around the price they should be or maybe a little bellow.

I got mine 20% a while on a special deal too. However, compared to Specialized, Mavic, and Giro offerings at retail, the Sidi are way overpriced. For example, the Spec pro mtb has a carbon sole, premium foot bed, toe cleats, and toe guard for about the same price as the Sidi Dom 5 at $270. All of these are not avail on the Sidi or have to be purchased separately.

Don't get me wrong. The Sidi Dom 5 are good shoes. It's just the value is not there. But as I said earlier, at this price, the value is there.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Just ordered a set. Been lusting for these for years and never seen tim under $200. Everyone is doing a sale on Sidi's right now, very few have my size (49) and no one is this cheap.
    For real, I wear the same size and lucked out finding a barely used set a few months back for just less than this sale price.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    CC site is messed up.
    After backcountry bought them, they kept having price error
    this one is a true deal

however they jacked up the price last night to 200 and dropped it again today

I called and they said its a known error

Who is John Galt?
    They've been having problems like this for a month or more. Liked them better when they were in Little Rock, I could get overnight service at the regular rate to Missouri...Still a good company, I bought a Yeti ARC there one piece at a time last summer and got some great deals.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Ordered Thursday afternoon, shipped Thursday afternoon....
    Life is not a spectator sport

http://www.facebook.com/landsharkracing

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Man, I would have jumped on that. I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes. Looks like the price is way up again tho

Who is John Galt?
    Call or e-mail them, I bet they will honor the price and you might even find the web site is acting up again. They did that for me on some XTR wheels.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Did the size 49 fit? I take a size 50 in Shimano and 48 in Specialized how does this compare with you?

Who is John Galt?
    They haven't come in yet. Now I'm worried they aren't going to fit! I wear Lake shoes, the 49 fits pretty good. Funny, Lake makes every size EXCEPT 49 now, go figure.
    What, me hurry?

Who is John Galt?
    Got them today, I could have gone with a 48, but would rather have them a little large. I'm prob ably a 48.5. Put them on and they were the most uncomfortable shoe I've ever worn. Then I took them off and got the cardboard out, huge difference, LOL. They cinch down snug but not uncomfortablly so. I didn't get cleats, going to wait until I have a new set before I try them out on the bike, but so far I am satisfied.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    I wish they made a 48.5

My 49s are a slight bit loose and the straps have to be tightened almost all the way, makes their velcro lock system ineffective. 48s were too tight, 49s feel great, just hair short front to rear.

Lake has a nice diagram on their site showing the change in length vs width for each size/width variant so you can find the best fitting shoe. I probably could go with a 48 Mega in Sidi but it might even be too wide.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Competitive Cyclist has all Sidis for $155.95 for today. Sidi doesnt allow their product to participate in sales so this is a rarity.

Sidi Men's Shoes - Competitive Cyclist
    Women's Shoes - Competitive Cyclist
    Wish I would have caught this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpypete View Post
    Ordered Thursday afternoon, shipped Thursday afternoon....
    Got mine today. My Bullets that I bought for $140 2 years ago are just about done. Perfect timing.
    Life is not a spectator sport

http://www.facebook.com/landsharkracing

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Wish I would have caught this.
    That makes two of us
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If anyone wants a 45.5 for cheaper than that, let me know. Bought mine on sale and ends up I need 46. Used once on the road bike.

-Tom