mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! ZTR Arch EX 29er Tubless Help

I've got the above wheel set and i use The Captain 2.2 29er up front and Maxxis Ignitor 29er in the rear I've had a heap of flats from thorns and its time to try no tubes.

What I am trying to work out is do I really only need the Yellow tape, sealant and some removable presta cores and I'm away laughing? Or do i need those rubber rim strips + tape etc

mtbr member
    I've run both those tires on my Arch Ex 29er's. The Captain may be my all time favorite tire. Anyway, yellow tape, valves and sealant are all that's needed. No rim strip required.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slower_than_u View Post
    I've run both those tires on my Arch Ex 29er's. The Captain may be my all time favorite tire. Anyway, yellow tape, valves and sealant are all that's needed. No rim strip required.
    I just converted my arch's to tubeless last week and only needed tape and valves

mtbr member
    You should not use a rubber rim strip with a Stan's BST rim. The strips are meant to convert conventional rims and tires to tubeless.

As already mentioned, only yellow tape and tubeless valve stem.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!
    I spoke to the LBS and they said I would need the rubber strips but I thought it was a bit strange. I've ordered all the bits and I'm just waiting for them to arrive

mtbr member
    Set it all up without much trouble. Im running the same pressure as befor and I feel like the tyres have more grip on roots etc

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Get a new LBS if they said you needed rim strips on Stan's.